Carburetor on a 4.0???

Anybody know of an intake available to slap a carb on the 4.0? I'm looking into the possibility of swapping a 4.0 preferrably from a wrecked stang into an older Mustang. Not sure I really want to get into the mess of the computer. Just wondering if anybody knows right off of a good carb type intake available for these motors I'm sure they're out there but price may become another subject.

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody know of an intake available to slap a carb on the 4.0? I'm looking into the possibility of swapping a 4.0 preferrably from a wrecked stang into an older Mustang. Not sure I really want to get into the mess of the computer. Just wondering if anybody knows right off of a good carb type intake available for these motors I'm sure they're out there but price may become another subject.

there are so many stand alone fuel injection systems, rather than try to hobble something together to run a carb why not look into FI computer. FAST makes them, as I'm sure alot of other companies do.

Glad I found your thread. My wife just got an 08 V6 and I have been researching the same swap into a 78 MII. Looks like you are looking at the same thing. Have you done any rough measurements? I would think that there asre some 90's Rangers that still had carbs. The block as far as I can determine is a Cologne block so there should be parts comonality all the way back to the 2.8L V6s. Let me know how it goes. Send me a PM if you think of it, I'll keep checking here too.

It's an idea I've been kicking around ever since I found out the 4.0 was the newer version of the 2.8 in the II's. I've got a T-top stang with no motor and tranny at the moment, and I've considered the swap, but as mentioned above if a stand alone computer could be installed that would handle the tranny and engine management that may not be that bad. I don't have a 2.8 to get measurements from or even reference at the moment, nor do I have the current finances to start messing with such a project. Basically I would need the 4.0 and I got a feeling my wife would get ticked off if I took hers.
I've been very impressed with the performance of the S197 V6 Stangs I'm sure the GT's are unreal with traction control off, but the V6's already have a 50/50 weight ratio which is sweet and holds the road awesome comared to by 5.0 that gets a little squirrelly. Plus the thing has gotten 29mpg, put that powertrain in a II with as light as a II is and imagine how good it would be plus with an option of a bolt on blower and decent sounding dual exhaust.