CARLISLE THIS WEEKEND.....

cobraii351 said:
I was great to meet you John! I hope I didn't get you in any trouble "shooting the Breeze". It's fun to put a face with a name and meetthe person on the other end of a wire. :nice:

We had a good weekend. Nicer weather would have made things much better but you have to take the good with the bad. I didn't find anything that caught my eye or wallet but it always fun to walk around.

Tim

Good lord I wish I could say the same for my wallet. $2200 in parts for my 95 GT...Cobra bumper cover,and foglights, headers, Cobra R wheels, new taillights

• Sponsors (?)

78 venom said:
Hey, Dave:

Yup, I missed out on Nashville but was assigned SVT trailer duty for Carlisle, which forced me to miss my own son's graduation! But I got to meet and talk to a lot of the II owners who stopped by, and I even had my silver King on display in the T building. There were some nice IIs in the field, and I think an orange King was in the winners' parade. (Cold and nasty rain on Saturday, tho!)

I'm scheduled to work the FFW in Norwalk, and plan on driving my King down from Detroit, so please visit the SVT display and look for me. I'll scrounge up a goody for you.

BTW: I saw your "letter to the editor" in Mustang Enthusiast magazine a while back about more II articles -- thanks for the plug! You should know that I wrote a "Final Lap" column that's supposed to run in the next issue that was entitled: "It's time for Mustangers to finally accept the II" -- I hope they run it without too much editing!

Also, I'm close to lining up a body/paint man for my 78 Cobra II project car -- but it's still a few years and lots of $$$ from getting to a show ... the ol stock King will have to suffice for now!

... see you in Norwalk!
Looks like I'll have to pick up an issue of Enthusiast to check it out then.

It was good meeting a fellow II guy, and even though it's a ol' stocker, getting your Silver King in theT building is something to be proud of considering the company it had in there. I was surprised when I was there on Sunday went in to check it out there was a nice little crowd checking it out at the time :nice:

Here's the little Orange King
474455_62_full.jpg

474455_61_full.jpg

474455_63_full.jpg

It's funny the guy that owns that unrestored 79 pace car beside John's king has a beautiful 77 Cobra II as well I think. If it's the same guy I'm thinging of, I won a front fender from him on eBay a couple of years back and drove to MD to pick it up. He had a garage full of toys. 2 70 Boss 302's, the 79 Pace car (with les then 500 miles!?), a 00 or 01 Saleen, and a 86 SVO. Nice guy as well.

cobra_2_76 said:
I think some of the Carlisle contingent needs to make the treck to Norwalk for the Fun Ford Weekend and make a really nice II display!

Dave

That would be July 9 - 11?