Cars running again, turbo kit finished (Pics)

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
Car runs now, and actually idles much smoother then it did before the turbo.
Probably atributed to the new MAF, TPS, IAC, and wires/plugs..

Does run pretty rich at idle, and backfires on the downrevs, but other then that, its running and should make nice power. Cant drive it right now, because im bleading the brakes, but on the downrevs i can hear the turbo winding down (awsome sound)... im so stoked to drive it, since its been sitting for 2 months now! turbo kit took about 6 weeks, working on and off.

Specs are:
Edelbrock heads, E cam, Edel RPM intake, FMS 1.6 RR's, ARP
FMS 65 t/b, 3.5" Univer MAF, FMS 42's
66mm turbo, 3.5" downpipe, 2.5" crossover, BBK shorty headers, V band's
Stock tranny (with shift kit, and cooler), and 373's in the rear
Slicks, Skinnies, Coil overs, tubular K member/arms, Lakewood 90/10's.

turbofinished01.jpg

turbofinished02.jpg

turbofinished03.jpg

turbofinished04.jpg

turbofinished06.jpg

turbofinished05.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well i drove it last night and must say the car scared the hell out of me. Maybe because ive gotten so used to driving a stock 4.6, who knows but i do know it feels stronger then it did with the 14lb s-trim setup. And damn it whistles loud when it spools up... sure made all the time spent on it, worth it. Im really glad it all went together, runs and actually makes power, damn good power, for not being fine tuning yet.

it was a nice learning experience, since ive never done anything like this before.
But for the trouble, and expensence, if you want a nice kit, just buy one..
im sure theres $2k or so in this setup... its all the little stuff that adds up.

As far as the bumper support goes... its gone. I have a huge as* PS intercooler in there, so there wasnt room for a bumper support.
The plastic bumper, well that fits perfect.. theres a couple feet of extra space between it and the intercooler/tranny cooler.

That is very impresive.

Actually, how did you get all the wires hidden? I know you posted some pics/directions for someone else a while ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I think you mentioned that the voretech can be put together in pieces off the car, then installed in bigger segments. Pics of that would be helpful too.

thanks,
onebad95

drove it agian today, man it hits hard right under 3k rpms... then its on from there.
Im only making 6lbs, because of 2 exhuast leaks, but damn i can only imgine what its going to be like when i crank it up. its a monster at 6lbs... feels like an easy low-mid 12 second car on only 6lbs, without traction. makes my 13.30 @109 runs seem like honda power.