Caster Camber Plate install? Any tips?

atey950

Founding Member
Aug 5, 1999
Southeastern PA
I just ordered the Maximum Motorsports cc plates. I understand that the will come with detailed installation instructions. Do you guys know of any tips or additional steps that I should take when doing the install (things that may have been overlooked in the instructions)?
I'm also installing new polyurethane iso pads at the same time.

Thanks, All.

• Sponsors (?)

When I installed these on both my cars I took a couple real good measurements so I could line up the new caster camber plates. 1 from the center of the strut bolt to a spot on the firewall ( marked with tape). 2 from the center of the strut bolt over to the fender (also marked with tape) I wrote these measurements down.
Once I got my new caster camber plates installed, I took time to set up to the measured dimensions.

I didnt even need to get my cars realigned.

Good Luck

When I installed these on both my cars I took a couple real good measurements so I could line up the new caster camber plates. 1 from the center of the strut bolt to a spot on the firewall ( marked with tape). 2 from the center of the strut bolt over to the fender (also marked with tape) I wrote these measurements down.
Once I got my new caster camber plates installed, I took time to set up to the measured dimensions.

Good Luck
thanks for the tip. i'll definitely do that.

Good Luck

Great tip, especialy if you cant' get right over to the alignment shop. What really good about this advice is thinking of what would happen if you DIDN'T take those pre measurements?

Sorry for the delayed response... been travelling for the past 28 hours.

I don't have the instructions readily available, and it's been several years since I did my install, so I can't remember precise details as far as setting it up for the drive to the alignment shop. I do know that was what I did--completed the install, then drove straight to the alignment shop.

The specs I mentioned weren't specific to any suspension setup; they're simply MM's recommended alignment specs

Thanks for the replies everyone. Plates are installed along with new poly coil spring isolators. I would have been screwed if I didn't have those measurements..
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user