cats

SXYXC

Apr 22, 2007
I am currently running O/R x pipes on my car, but my dad says that i have to install cats or i can't drive..
What would yall do...

I have money to spend i can either buy high flow cats cut and install them myself, buy an catted pipe (don't want to thought kinda expensive) or try to find a way to cut the cats off my stock mid pipe and see if i can get something working from that...

if i bought high flow cats i was thinking something like these.
http://frame.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CompareItems&coentrypage=compareitems

or would those not be good?? I have URP o/r x-pipe on a 97 gt

• Sponsors (?)

Well a sneaky thing you could do, is gut your stock cats and weld them up, then say "Look dad, see i got cats now"... then if he asked whys its too loud still, just say he is getting old... haha

Now this is only a joke and i hope that its taken that way, only reason why i say it is cuz my dad doesnt really know much about cars and i could fool him by doing this lol.. :flag:

Well a sneaky thing you could do, is gut your stock cats and weld them up, then say "Look dad, see i got cats now"... then if he asked whys its too loud still, just say he is getting old... haha

Now this is only a joke and i hope that its taken that way, only reason why i say it is cuz my dad doesnt really know much about cars and i could fool him by doing this lol.. :flag:

:stupid:

He said install cats, i read nothing about functional cats :nice:

he cares because he doesn't want to be paying insurance on a car that is not street legal and can get tickets, so he said if i don't get it to pass inspection (i can do that w/o cats though) he will take it away..

soo he cares because money...

i actually was thinking of the cut off cats and make them look like i put some on.. but i'm not too sure if he would realize that its too loud to have cats on it then...

my cel isn't on.. my O2 were in need of change up front, so i swapped them to the back so i could put my mil on, and its been almost 3 months and no codes.. but thats because they were bad, and not reading right anywayz. i guess i got kinda lucky..

i was going to fab something up, i really don't want to spend the time to fix it, and the money too...

i have a plasma cutter and a welder at my dads shop so i am in luck and can do this myself. even use the heat shields of my old h-pipe. if it will work

How long untill you move out? Or can you get your own insurance policy? If its soon or yes then you could swap the stock H back on untill that time.

But if it were me id just put some heat shields on there and say "fixed". But if he knows anything about cars he will know from the smell of the exhaust alone that your lying.

i could possibly pay for my own insurance, but with 2 tickets, 1 speeding 1 no insurance card (both properly taken care of) and a wreck that wasn't my fault, but still a wreck, i don't think i want to have to pay my own insurance.
and as for moving out i still have a lil ways to go, about year and a half, now...

Put some damn cats on there, just be glad that he is paying for all your insurance. I could only have wished for that when I was a kid. When my kids start driving and they got tickets like that they will either pay there own insurance or not drive, plain and simple. Do what he wants.

I'm going to have to agree with the above. If dad pays your insurance then you should agree to his terms. Try to find a nice catted pipe, it will still be loud and get good power. I would not touch my stock H, for if I ever needed to put it back on it be nice to have. Who knows how easy it will be to find another.

Put some damn cats on there, just be glad that he is paying for all your insurance. I could only have wished for that when I was a kid. When my kids start driving and they got tickets like that they will either pay there own insurance or not drive, plain and simple. Do what he wants.

yeah, i am soo glad i he still pays it. but one thing yeah i deserved the speeding ticket. doing 41 in a 30, but the insurance was his fault i didn't even know that i had to have an insurance card till i was pulled over... and the cop said he would have given me a warning if i had the insurance card... (i had been driving about 5 months w/o one)