Catted H pipe comparison fox v SN95

stock50LX

Curmudgeon
Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
University Place, WA
What is the difference? Can these two H pipes possibly be interchanged with a little messaging of the tailpipes? - or is the difference just too great?

I have a fox with shorties and an offroad H pipe, but i have access to a catted SN95 H pipe. Can I make it work for emissions test?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I may be wrong on this, but the H-pipe *should* be the same all the way up to '95 - it's the cat-back systems that are different (tailpipe hangers are farther back). The motor and tranny were pretty much the same on the 94-95 models as the Foxes, so the length/mounts shouldn't be affected.

Darkwriter77 said:
I may be wrong on this, but the H-pipe *should* be the same all the way up to '95 - it's the cat-back systems that are different (tailpipe hangers are farther back). The motor and tranny were pretty much the same on the 94-95 models as the Foxes, so the length/mounts shouldn't be affected.

There is a different part number for the SN95 H pipe. Obviously it connects to the same engine and shorty headers as the fox. It may be that the hangers are different but the length and other measurements of the H pipe are the same or very close. I need someone who knows.

Thanks for your reply.

they are quite different in the hangers and the way they are bent. I bought an x-pipe and received one for a 94-95 and did not realize it until I got it all on that it just dont work. It was rubbing on the crossmember and the hangers were not in the right spot and it was just a headache, never mind the major exhaust leaks.