CD/Radio install in 94 GT

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by smilts, Oct 30, 2011.

1. smilts

smilts Member

I put a new radio in my car awhile back. The problem I'm having is the cd, aux, and usb dont work only the stereo portion works. I followed the instructions as best I could. But the car had duel decks cd lower and radio upper. Do I need to combine the two different wiring harness to get full function? Or is it possible I bought a bad deck? I only used the upper wiring harness. I figured it had memory power, on off power and speakers that would do the trick?

2. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here?
    SN Certified Technician

If the radio itself and the speakers function properly, but the CD player and other features within the deck don't function, I would think the deck itself is having an issue. It might be time to contact the deck manufacturer.

3. JonezySN95

JonezySN95 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I just installed a kennwood deck in mine a couple weeks ago. I used 2 out the 4 connectors if I remember correctly. What sucks about it is that its ran through the factory amp so the volume goes way past the max for the speakers and its only half way up. If you only have one harness connected then that could be the issue, but it is sounding like the deck is bad. I will try to post a pic of later to show you which ones I connected.

4. JonezySN95

JonezySN95 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Ok lets see if these pics will post. I am using my government computer so it is limited on all kinds of things to include viewing pics in these threads.

The first pic is the 2 harnesses I hooked it up to. I have an extra harness laying around so I grabbed it and pointed to the 2 connections off to the side.

The second pic is just a bigger view to help show the whole harness hooked up.

Hope this helps you.

Scott

Attached Files:

5. BlackVert

BlackVert Mustang Master

sorry ... i can be kinda dense sometimes ... are you saying you used to have the CD thing seperate, but now it is built into your new head unit?

I recently put in a new head unit (radio/CD/AUX/Bluetooth all in one) and there were only 2 harnesses involved. If you have 4 harnesses, then maybe the original 2 were split for that installation?

6. BANGERSTANGER76

WITH THE RADIO COMING ON AND YOU GETTING SOUND IT SEEMS LIKE THE DECK IS MALFUNCTIONING. BUT YOU ALSO SHOULD BE USING 2 HARNESSES. ONE FOR THE POWER AND ONE FOR THE SPEAKER/FACTORY AMP SYSTEM.

7. JonezySN95

JonezySN95 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Shhh use your library voice :rlaugh: