CDC "Shaker" for '99-04 4.6 GT - Owners in here . . .

• Sponsors (?)

git-it-83 said:
Explain, please.

Up until the '03 Mach 1, only Mustangs with a 6 cyl had only the tri-bar Mustang horse emblem on their fenders. All the other V8 Mustangs that had the tri-bar horse, also had "V8" or a number (cu in) on the fender too.

So, if one goes strictly by fender badges, the '03 Mach 1 has a 6 cyl under the hood, by tradition. :D

This was just to note there are factory oddities when one looks just at emblems.

BTW, the '04 Mach 1 had the 40th Anniversary badges on the fenders, leaving the '03 as the lone exception.

git-it-83 said:
Reason I don't like it, is because it makes the GT seem like it's trying to wear its big brother's shoes (Mach).

That makes no sense. The CDC shaker kit was available two years before the Mach1 s were. If anything the Mach is the GTs little brother,a big-stronger little brother....

GT-03 said:
Up until the '03 Mach 1, only Mustangs with a 6 cyl had only the tri-bar Mustang horse emblem on their fenders. All the other V8 Mustangs that had the tri-bar horse, also had "V8" or a number (cu in) on the fender too.

So, if one goes strictly by fender badges, the '03 Mach 1 has a 6 cyl under the hood, by tradition. :D

This was just to note there are factory oddities when one looks just at emblems.

BTW, the '04 Mach 1 had the 40th Anniversary badges on the fenders, leaving the '03 as the lone exception.

Cool. Fact instead of feeling. Thanks! I have my opinion, you have yours--that's what makes it so great.

I never thought I'd get so much response . . . ! Thanks for the info.

As far as the "poser" thing is concerned, maybe among the knowledgeable it is - but my impression from other posts is that just about every non-GT owner out there has no idea whether or not the scoop on the '01-'04 GT (or V-6 with Pony package for that matter) is functional. I would say the fun of the CDC "Shaker" is not in trying to make your car a Mach I, but in trying to make the scoop functional. It's just more fun that way. If all you do is cut a hole below the cool-looking, but non-functional '01-'04 GT scoop, I have heard the thing tends to blow off . . . !

Of course, I have a black 2000 GT to which I have added the Bullitt fuel door, shifter knob, etc. and the car does look somewhat Bullitt-esque to the untrained eye. I could definitely be considered a "poser" in that regard. But anyone who does not own a Bullitt probably does not care, so I don't worry too much about it.

Anyhow, thanks for all the replies.

ScottyG00GT said:
As far as the "poser" thing is concerned, maybe among the knowledgeable it is - but my impression from other posts is that just about every non-GT owner out there has no idea whether or not the scoop on the '01-'04 GT (or V-6 with Pony package for that matter) is functional. I would say the fun of the CDC "Shaker" is not in trying to make your car a Mach I, but in trying to make the scoop functional.

Great insight! I just think it's too bad Ford reserved that functionality for the Mach and has a fake to begin with on both the coupe and the GT.

git-it-83 said:
Great insight! I just think it's too bad Ford reserved that functionality for the Mach and has a fake to begin with on both the coupe and the GT.

I've always wondered if the average motorist thinks the Gt hoodscoop is functional. My Gt was an 00', so I didn't get the scoop stock; eventually I put one on, and looking out the front window became much more soothing to the eyes. It could have been my misconception, but it seemed like more people moved out of the fast lane for me after the hoodscoop. :D Now in the Mach, I've come to appreciate the sight of the hood scoop wobbling around while driving. I've heard other Mach owners talk about how nice it is, but I never understood the big deal about it until owning one. :drool:

Functional or not though, I love hoodscoops on our "old" body style of Mustang. :nice:

git-it-83 said:

I agree. If I was an 01-04 GT owner, I would hate to have to answer every inquiry into the functionality of the scoop as "NO" . . . !

I had considered putting the non-functional one on, though, simply because it looks cool. However, now that I am ditching my K&N, I am looking for ways to improve the functionality of the stock intake/filter, and this seemed to be a way fun (but pricey and only marginally performance-enhancing) way to do it . . . !

ScottyG00GT said:
I agree. If I was an 01-04 GT owner, I would hate to have to answer every inquiry into the functionality of the scoop as "NO" . . . !
I had considered putting the non-functional one on, though, simply because it looks cool. However, now that I am ditching my K&N, I am looking for ways to improve the functionality of the stock intake/filter, and this seemed to be a way fun (but pricey and only marginally performance-enhancing) way to do it . . . !

Even the v6/99-01 Gt hood has a fake "vent" on it. ;)
Not one person ever asked me if my Gt's hoodscoop was fake, but I volunteered it a few times. I picked up my painted scoop for $100, and it was well worth it.

Ok, most people modify their cars for two reasons: 1-more performance or 2-they like the way it looks...bottom line. I liked the Mach one hood, thought it looked mean as hell, so I put one on my GT. Some people like the cobra lower front valence , so they put that on. Some people (like myself) like the saleen wheels so they add that. Some people like the 5 star rims standard on the gt so they put it on their v6. Does this mean they want to be like a Mach 1, a Cobra, a Saleen, a v8GT...NO. All this means is they like their mustang, but they also like some things about other mustangs. Maybe an option came out later, or it wasn't available on their specific model...**** happens and people do what they like..that's called America and what's more american than having a mustang and taking what's great about each mustang and adding it to your own?
And why was this such a big deal, I thought the whole poser thing was just a Joke!

GT-03 said:
The problem is, you didn't write like you were just expressing your opinion. You wrote it as a snide comment. :rolleyes:

I am sorry you read a two word comment as snide. Most every post on this entire site is an opinion, in one way or another. Take it with a grain of salt and lighten up! :rolleyes:

Dr. Black said:
Ok, most people modify their cars for two reasons: 1-more performance or 2-they like the way it looks...bottom line. I liked the Mach one hood, thought it looked mean as hell, so I put one on my GT. Some people like the cobra lower front valence , so they put that on. Some people (like myself) like the saleen wheels so they add that. Some people like the 5 star rims standard on the gt so they put it on their v6. Does this mean they want to be like a Mach 1, a Cobra, a Saleen, a v8GT...NO. All this means is they like their mustang, but they also like some things about other mustangs. Maybe an option came out later, or it wasn't available on their specific model...**** happens and people do what they like..that's called America and what's more american than having a mustang and taking what's great about each mustang and adding it to your own?
And why was this such a big deal, I thought the whole poser thing was just a Joke!
Teh truth. :nice:

Oh yeah, everything that is different is rice. :rolleyes: