CEL code?

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
So my check engine light is on, my predator says it’s from

“P0174 System too lean (Bank 2)”

What does this code mean?

Also I think I have an exhaust leak on my driver’s side that just started the other day. Might the leak and CEL connected?

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

it could mean several things.

1. fuel pump going bad, making it run lean.

2. O2 sensor going bad producing erroneous signals that the PCM is interpreting as being correct and therefore lean.

3. MAF going bad producing bad readings that would make the PCM lean things out.

4. PCM going bad itself so that it is producing improper control outputs for engine systems like injector duty cycle which will lean things out.

5. temp sensors same thing. Saying it is hot when it is cold, which will make it run lean.

There are probably other things as well that I failed to mention. In short, there are lots of possibilities.

So my check engine light is on, my predator says it’s from

“P0174 System too lean (Bank 2)”

What does this code mean?

Also I think I have an exhaust leak on my driver’s side that just started the other day. Might the leak and CEL connected?

Thanks guys

Yes a very good chance the leaking is causing the p0174.. since a leak before the sensor will mess with 02 readings.

bank 2 is the drivers side bank.

Like Mike has said, I would address that exhaust leaks and then reset the code. Being that code represents a lean condition from a certain bank, it is safe to rule out other possibilities. Also another thing I would ask is did you have longtubes recently installed?