CEL on after install rear o2's (Bama Tune)

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by mikes2008gt, Apr 18, 2013.

1. mikes2008gt

mikes2008gt Founding Member

My check engine light came on today. 08 GT. Have LT's and off-road h. Just had bungs welded in on my h on Saturday so I could hook up my rear o2 sensors. CEL has been on since the LT install since I didn't have my rear o2's hooked up. I run the BAMA 93 Race tune on my car. BAMA told me after I hooked up the rear o2 sensors, my CEL would go off. After hooking them up on Sunday, disconnected battery for 30 mins, started car, no cel for 3 days, then it came back on today. Ran codes with the American Muscle/BAMA SCT Tuner and got the following codes.
    P0153 - o2 (ho2s - 21) ckt slow response (b2 , s1)
    P0430 - catalyst system - efficiency below threshold (b2)
    Any ideas? Help a brother out? My inspection is due this month so I need to get this fixed ASAP. Thank you for any help you can provide!
    Mike
  2. DeadLifter

DeadLifter Member

Call them. They'll work with you.
  3. Stella09GT

Stella09GT New Member

The rear O2's aren't even on with the Race tune. P0153 is slow response to one of the front O2 sensors. I had the same issue with my LT headers and the front O2's. Call them and tell them you need a longer loop delay because your front O2's are throwing CEL's. I haven't had any issues since. FYI, when you go get the car inspected you need to step down to the performance or street tune to activate your rear O2's.