CEL on after install rear o2's (Bama Tune)

mikes2008gt

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2002
Arlington, Texas
My check engine light came on today. 08 GT. Have LT's and off-road h. Just had bungs welded in on my h on Saturday so I could hook up my rear o2 sensors. CEL has been on since the LT install since I didn't have my rear o2's hooked up. I run the BAMA 93 Race tune on my car. BAMA told me after I hooked up the rear o2 sensors, my CEL would go off. After hooking them up on Sunday, disconnected battery for 30 mins, started car, no cel for 3 days, then it came back on today. Ran codes with the American Muscle/BAMA SCT Tuner and got the following codes.
P0153 - o2 (ho2s - 21) ckt slow response (b2 , s1)
P0430 - catalyst system - efficiency below threshold (b2)
Any ideas? Help a brother out? My inspection is due this month so I need to get this fixed ASAP. Thank you for any help you can provide!
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

The rear O2's aren't even on with the Race tune. P0153 is slow response to one of the front O2 sensors. I had the same issue with my LT headers and the front O2's. Call them and tell them you need a longer loop delay because your front O2's are throwing CEL's. I haven't had any issues since. FYI, when you go get the car inspected you need to step down to the performance or street tune to activate your rear O2's.