CEL...

If your car is mass air, there should be no vaccum line going to the MAP sensor. It should be open. ONly speed density cars have a vac line on it.

So... if you have a vac line going to that sensor, the line needs to be removed and plugged. The vaccum port on the sensor itself should remain open (not plugged).

• Sponsors (?)

GET this book...it will cost you pennies compared to what the stealership will charge to diagnose your computer.

Here's a book that will get you started with how the Ford electronic engine control or "computer" works.

Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control 1988-1993 by Charles Probst :ISBN 0-8376-0301-3.

It's about $25-$40 from Borders.com see http://www.amazon.com/ . Select boo... good, and I found it to be very helpful.[/b]

WOW!..Ok here is what the "stealership" said..." Customer states running rough,surging while driving(I NEVER TOLD THEM BASTARDS THAT,IT RUNS LIKE A RAPED APE AT WOT AND JUST DRIVING!)Black smoke.
ADVISE: performed EEC test using NGS. 81-82-10-11-KOEO KOER 81-82 both control solenoids for airpump inoperable.found weak connections at MAF(junkyard wrong year) soldered wireing for MAF.Found gasket bad at IAC fixed that(EVEN THOUGH i KNOW FOR A FACT IT WAS NOT LEAKING!!) Found LARGE TB and TPS to be mismatched.PCM thinks it is at part throttle".....
How the hell can a tps and a BBK &70 MM TB be mismatched???????? I know Im not "certified" on anything but flooring installer, but come on now!?!?
He said the TB( 70mm BBK) is the "wrong TB"...?? really?

NOW, I see you guys say the MAP should not have a vacume going to it?My brothers 92 does NOT! If I unplug that vacume on my car, it dumps black smoke like a diesel! So, now what? The guy I bought it from did say it didnt have a MAF when he got it, so he went and bought one from a junkyard..... the computer says 9al, or something like that.Just dont remember off the top of my head. Is there a different commputer for speed density? I guess there would have to be.?
Damn guys, this has turned into a nightmare!
Thanks for all the help you folks offer, APPRECIATE IT!

It gets deeper..... I have a sticker on the passenger door frame that says..."9AL" OK, cool. SOOOO, I have been talking to Rick 91 GT.... I decide to pull the cover off the computer department, this car has a speed density computer in it!! That explains why the vacume is on the MAP sensor and the MAF was was off the car and the connector cut off ..... YIKES! Now, why in the hell would someone do this? I'm buying a 9al and the right harness saterday, If I need to change the harness.... I checked the MAF volts, its WAYYYYYYYY out in left field , just crazy numbers all over the place. Its hell trying to chase down years of everyones so called"mods" on a car. . .