Cervini side exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

BlackGT05 said:
I didn't know that I thought they gave you a new bumber. It still looks good anyways

Yup, it's a lip, but it still looks great
stang_01-stang_02_down.jpg

I'm really interested to see if any of the "Functionality" issues that Roush claims precluded use of the side exhaust oi the S197 exist with the Cervini...

:scratch:

Well, I'm sure it was a serious hurdle, and it can be done, obviously, but Roush wanted to get their kit out quickly, this is why they didn't spend the time to try and make a functional side exhaust.

Just remember the roush exhaust on earlier cars went all the way back over the rear axle and then it turned and went back over the axle and came out the side.On their earlier car they had trouble with the exhaust being to heavy and causing it to leak or drag. this is what my exhost person told me. Any way my side exhaust is a complete dual exhaust, with two MacPacs attached to it. the way it routes, it leaves the front of the engine from the factory headers to the H pipe to the catalitic converter then it goes to the side of the drive shaft and a MacPac muffler, then it has a lot of intricate curves and it goes under the gas tank and comes out to the side in front of the rear tire. It has about an half inch of clearance between the gas tank and the exhaust pipe.The exhaust is on hangers, that way I can drop it to do any work that may need to be done. My side exhaust is'nt the cervinis or any other company, Mine was custom made by David Lord of Lords Custom Performance in Bufford,Ga..

Ok Einstein, You explain a better way of how I can to tell you of how the exhaust is done under my car. Any way I was going to post pictures of under the car, But now you can just wait for your Cervinis to arrive.

BlackGT05 said:
I would still like to see your pics... :(

I went to the shop on Saturday, and went ahead and took the rear bumper cover off, to get it ready for my replacement rear cover. I'll post the pictures of underneath the car before the weekend. I'll also do a video of how it sounds.

wildfiregt05 said:
Ok Einstein, You explain a better way of how I can to tell you of how the exhaust is done under my car. Any way I was going to post pictures of under the car, But now you can just wait for your Cervinis to arrive.

I didn't say your explanation sucked, just spelling. I was in a p.o.ed mood... Of course we would all like to see pictures.

Yea I understand, I get up at 4:00 a.m. and don't get home untill about 2:00 p.m. and I realized that I got in a hurry and miss spelled alot of it. Also it's hard to explaine in words of how the exhaust pipes are run under the car. I'll still post pictures before the weekend, and try to do a video of the sound of the exhaust. No hard feelings, take care.