Cervinis is indeed taking early Mustang parts requests....

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
I had heard a rumor that Cervinis was considering doing early Mustang stuff, so I emailed them to ask if they were as I was considering it if they weren't. If you've never seen any Cervinis products (mainly late model Mustang parts, '87+) you can do a quick search of what people have thought, it's pretty much scuff and shoot. Most everyone raves about their product. A friend of mine had a SN-95 that he rearended a pickup truck and needed a new hood, he got a stalker hood and the paint & body guy said it was the best fiberglass piece he'd ever seen and he'd been in the industry about 35 years.

I got a reply today from Jackie with an email address where they were taking requests. So this is the email I fired back to her.

Jackie,

Thank you for answering my email so quickly, I know Cervinis is a good sized company and you must be inundated with emails.

I have a ’65 Mustang coupe, but I’m hoping to pick up a ’67-’68 coupe one of these days. I’ve been into the early Mustang scene over 20 years and based on my experience and knowledge, reproductions most of the stock parts would sell well. Shelby parts especially. I’ll make a list of some of the stuff I’m talking about. I’d start out with just the hoods first.

‘65-‘66 Mustang/Shelby
* ’65-’66 Shelby hood (the one with the small scoop)
* ’67 Shelby hood (this is a ’67 scoop on a ’65-’66 hood)
* 2½” and 4” cowl hood
* ’65-’66 R-model front valance (doesn’t use the front bumper)
* ’65-’66 R-model front valance (uses front bumper)
’65-’66 Shelby quarter panel scoops
’65-’66 Front bumper
’65-’66 Rear bumper

’67-’68 Mustang/Shelby
* ’67 Shelby Hood
* ’68 Shelby Hood for Mustang (the ’68 Shelby had an extended nose piece)
’68 Shelby Hood for Mustang with air extractor vents (these were on the sides of the hood that looked a bit like the cowl grille only running 90 degrees to the cowl)
’68 Shelby Hood for Shelby nose piece
’68 Shelby Hood with air extractor vents for Shelby nose piece
* 2½” and 4” cowl hood
’68 Shelby nose piece
’68 Shelby front valance
’67 Mustang front valance
’67-‘68 Front bumper
’67-’68 Rear bumper
’67-’68 Shelby quarter panel scoops (will work for California Specials too)
’67-’68 Shelby B-pillar air extractor scoops
’68 California Special rear spoiler (could be a full deck lid)
’68 California Special rear spoiler end caps

’69-’70 Mustang/Shelby
* ’69-’70 Mustang Shaker Hood (could be a flat hood with a cut to line on the underside)
’69-’70 Shelby Hood
* 2½” and 4” cowl hood
’69-’70 Shelby Front Fenders
* ’69-’70 Boss 429 hood
* ’69-’70 Mach I hood

’71-’73 Mustang
* ’71-‘73 Mach I hood with operable ducts (there is a piece under the hood that seals against an open top air cleaner via a rubber seal that should be easy for the customer to find)
3” and 5” cowl hood

Again, thank you for your time, I’m sure there are other products in demand, but these are the ones I think you should start out with, again, specifically the hoods that will fit a normal Mustang (with *, also a couple of front valances that would sell well.) I could see some more custom designed pieces, but I think these will get you off with a great start. I plan on posting this request email address on the StangNet Classics Forum, Mustangs & More and Vintage Mustang.

Cordially,
Larry Hampton

I tried to think of all the parts that I could that would sell. I may have left something significant out or maybe mistaken a part as being a one year only piece. If you want to email Jackie, send your email to [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

69 shelby or 68 california special style decklid for 69 mustang coupe and convertible and 70 mustang coupe and convertible, end caps are slight different between standard 69 and 70 due to the flat taillight panel on the 70 and concaved on the 69. some kind of tasteful side skirts would be cool as well, note: NOT the eleanor style side skirts.

I'm going to email them. I'd like 69 headlight extensions. I think it would be a good product due to the the number of good used ones available. Maier Racing makes them but they're $400+ a pair. I've talked with VFN, they have a one-piece nose for 69s and headlight extensions for 70s. They wanted to charge me for the the cost of the mold in addition to the cost of the parts plus shipping my originals. Other years would be good too. Quarter end caps would be good also, replace the pot metal pieces.