Cervinis Ram Air Hood

• Sponsors (?)

bleedingvayneAD said:
Just called and talked to Cervinis. The hood scoops are functional!! Aaaaaaaaaaand they aren't slanted back at all. So if i can just figure out if the stripes would work then I'll be going with this hood!! But I still can't picture how the stripes would look from bumper to bumper going striaght through the hood scoops.... (hint hint)....

How is it they say it is functional? So I am assuming it allows air to flow into the motor bay or do you have to redesign the Air intake ducts to incorporate the scoop?
Oh and its just my opinion but the cervini hood scoops seems a little to large for my taste. Its seems to me they are too wide and makes it look cumbersome. I like the more subtle look the hood from custom fiberglass products offers with their Shelby hood. If you go to their site http://www.championfiberglassproducts.com/images/clientshowcase/shelby.html, check out the blue stang on there. Its sweet. Just my opinion though...Good luck I know its so tough to shop for the right hood for YOU!

I have always liked this hood

However I would love to see it on a customers stang, I talked to Cervinis today, and again he said it was functional. I nearly pulled the trigger, but I am still searching for a customer pic. I ordered a ton of stuff today 1800.00 worth, now I have to start saving again for the bodyshop paint and prep.

Well I'm going to order it on Monday, but won't put it on until March when all the snow is gone. I do like the rksport one, but the Cervinis just calls my name louder. I personally like how bi the scoops are and how it is raised up in the back. Also, the scoop's openings just seem to work better because I want wider stripes anyways. I'll keep you guys posted with how things go...

i like the RK hood too, but after seeing a pic on their site that has the entire california dream kit installed, and the hood and fenders still dont line up properly, i am a bit turned off. you would think a company would put up a better pic (at least have a bodyshop fix the gaps) for sales purposes. i guess that it shows the overall quality of RK. many people have installed this hood and have said that it fits well, but i see all imperfections, no matter how small.

I received the shelby hood from custom fiberglass products about a month ago and this morning I got bored and with the talk about the hood I put in on the car. Its unpainted, but Its a lot easier to tote to the paint/body shop ha ha ha. It needs to be adjusted some, its a hair to much on one side. ut its a good fit. I would take a picture and post it if my camera was charged. I will try and post a pic later today.
J

Cervini's Ram Air Hood

I've had this hood since November-ish and I've been pretty pleased. I've made several previous Cervini's purchases, including a ram air hood for another vehicle and I've never found anything to complain about in terms of quality. This hood required very little pre-finish prepping and was an excellent fit, right out of the box. BTW- the scoops are functional.

Attachments

• Hood.JPG
    Hood.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 183
68 Shelby Style Hood???

Dont get me wrong that hood looks freakin sweet.... But I've been looking for a hood that resembles more of the 68 Shelbys. I know you guys know what I'm talking about.... I saw one on Ebay awhile back that looked like a small company but at that time I didn't own a new GT! Now that I got the 06.... I'm LOOKIN?? Have any of you guys seen this hood????

Shocwave04 said:
Dont get me wrong that hood looks freakin sweet.... But I've been looking for a hood that resembles more of the 68 Shelbys. I know you guys know what I'm talking about.... I saw one on Ebay awhile back that looked like a small company but at that time I didn't own a new GT! Now that I got the 06.... I'm LOOKIN?? Have any of you guys seen this hood????

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.championfiberglassproducts.com/images/clientshowcase/shelby.html