Chalenged by an F-150

TAP4636

Nov 28, 2004
Chicago
Challenged by an F-150

I was challenged by a F-150 today. I'm at the red light, and these tools next to me are smiling and waving at me. So the guy (early 20's I think) decides to spin his tires at me, and rev up the engine. He began to roll towards the intersection to cheat a little, when the light turned green, I gunned it and totally smoked him. Then I can see him speeding up as I was beginning to slow down halfway to the next light. I wasn't about to get a ticket on the main street, but right before the next light, I let him pass me.

The F-150 is a strong truck, but this guy didn't have a chance in hell. lol

• Sponsors (?)

This happens a lot. I dusted a few, just for kicks but now I am mean and let them take off without me. I just laugh and smile as I drive by going the speed limit. They know they would get smoked and I am not paying for a ticket because some "tool", as you so eloquently put it, wants to see my car go fast. :D

Now, that doesn't mean I don't occasionally punch it. We've got this two lane on ramp that eventually merges over twice. I had the fortune two nights ago of turning right onto it as a camaro was turning left onto the same on-ramp. My lane had to merge and I just dumped it and hit 80 before I knew it. He tried to follow but had to back off as I was able to pass everyone and merge over without fail. Later, down the freeway, he caught up and flew by me, trying to get me to race on the interstate. I just laughed. :rlaugh: :owned:

Camaro. My first one. Tasted like chicken. :nice:

TAP4636 said:
The 05 Mustang vs. the 2002 Z28 would be an interesting matchup. Not very much difference in weight. The z28 has 10 more HP supposedly.

I couldn't agree more. I am really looking forward to the spring when most tracks will open and we get to see some comparisons get made between the GT and other cars. Personally, I think the new GT stock vs stock 2002 Z28 would be an excellent matchup. Would come down to the driver, I think. I am more interested in that than the GT vs goat hoopla. :nice:

thunderstorm144 said:
I couldn't agree more. I am really looking forward to the spring when most tracks will open and we get to see some comparisons get made between the GT and other cars. Personally, I think the new GT stock vs stock 2002 Z28 would be an excellent matchup. Would come down to the driver, I think. I am more interested in that than the GT vs goat hoopla. :nice:

Well if it comes down to the driver, then the GT should win. Even if I hit the track against a Camaro 5-speed, there is no way that driver would be able to shift with my 5-speed auto. There is no man alive that can shift with that thing.

Having a 5-speed auto changes the whole thing. Compare that to the z28's 4-speed....no chance.

Though the facotry ratings are close, the actual rwhp are not, most dyno well over 300 hp stock, espeically the later '02s with the LS6 stuff on them. LS1 Z28s and Trans Ams are nothing to scoff at. They've been known to put a hurting on many of Mustangs over the years, so I wouldn't be so cocky.

I hope you guys arent setting yourselves up for dissapointment. Mustangs (unless modded) will be loosing more races to LS1 powered f-bodies than winning them..that's just my prediction. LS1's are low 13 second cars. 05 Mustangs are mid to high 13 second cars.

Scot_94GT said:
I hope you guys arent setting yourselves up for dissapointment. Mustangs (unless modded) will be loosing more races to LS1 powered f-bodies than winning them..that's just my prediction. LS1's are low 13 second cars. 05 Mustangs are mid to high 13 second cars.

I'd be guessing that many of the LS1's you'd come across have been modded as well. It's a tradition in the world of Stangs and Camaros. I have a real simple mod that will gain ya 4-7 HP (dyno tested now).......

There's a hunk of metal in the air intake. :D

nice kill. believe me you will be challenged. I'm hoping some guy in an 05 pushes my buttons. would be fun to old school him in my blown 88GT. enjoy the 05 . they have potential.

heh i did what those guys in the f-150 did to a guy in a porsche carrera
i just wanted to see what he could do
i revved next to him and he kinda laughed then smoked me by a lot
:D