challenger

saw my first new challenger today. ran next to him for a couple of miles trying to get his attention but he was on the phone (or pretending to be) the whole time. i guess thats something u can do when ur car doesn't come with a manual transmission. was hoping to post the first challenger kill story. they're not as ugly in person as i thought though.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Sponsors (?)

yea i saw one in black and it was rediculously nice,auto trans and massive wight though deff sucks,did an incredible job on design though in mh opinion,so much like the old one

Just so you guys are aware, there is a base model SE version.

It will have the 17" wheels and comes with a 3.5L engine and 250HP....automatic only

The R/T is the hemi version with 365HP and available 6-spd.

Then there's the 6.1L SRT-8.

I have a feeling we'll be running into a lot of V6 challengers on the road. Base price is $21K. In 2-3 years it will be the equivalent of V6 Mustangs all over.

Interesting how Dodge gets 250HP from a 3.5L while ford can only get 210 from a 4.0. I wonder how much torque they have? They are heavy so i don't think they would be a prob. I am not so sure about the R/T though

I saw 1 @ the local dealership 4 the 1st time last week & I love em....although they look big, bulky & heavy, but IMO I like them more then all the new Stangs besides the GT500 & the Parnelli.... It also looks like it would be a nice DD with just enough power & could easily seat 4 adults comfortably....

Here are a few pics I took....:hail2:

CIMG2075.jpg

CIMG2074-1.jpg

CIMG2070.jpg

CIMG2067.jpg

CIMG2073.jpg

CIMG2072.jpg

CIMG2079.jpg

CIMG2068.jpg

CIMG2076.jpg

CIMG2069.jpg

CIMG2077.jpg

CIMG2064.jpg

CIMG2063.jpg

CIMG2062.jpg

A buddy of mine just got one for sticker, it came in last week and he gets to pick it up this Friday or Saturday.

I've seen the car and it is amazing. I love it and it’s my favorite non Mustang car right now. The only thing that’s gay about it is carbon fiber stickers on the hood. :notnice: He’s building a custom shaker hood for it and adding a 100-150 shot of nitrous for it. His hood will be real carbon fiber.

It just needs fatter tires.

SRT comes with 245's. Seems kinda narrow for a car with 400+ HP.

R/T has 235's and SE has 215's.

Great looking car though. An R/T would be right in my price range if i was in the market for a RWD Muscle car.

too bad they put the same ugly steering wheel in everything. but really i love that car. its bad ass. if i were in the market for a new sports car, its probably what i would buy when the srt came out in the 6 speed.

I saw one about 2 months ago driving on the North side of Vegas bewteen 3 Chargers, all black so I didn't even notice it at first. It was flat black with black steel rims and black walls. Apparently, to not draw attention to itself and it worked. I thought originally it was 4 chargers, maybe in a club or something. Then I saw it again further up on the side of the road and instantly identified it. Unfortunately it was sputtering and overheating. To bad, because I really was considering one of these until I saw that. I hate first year anything.