changed brakes.. bad luck all night.

myg-

May 11, 2005
k.. so it starts out I call canadian tire, they told me they had cheap rotors and would put them on the side for me - $40 a peice (im upgrading to cobra brakes later, i just need something to tie my over for a month or two).. i get there, and they cant find them, so i bitch (i had to travel a ways) and i get $120 rotors for the price of the cheapies. I get the brake pads and a brake line bleeder.

I get home and start jacking up my car, and my jack fails and my exhaust hits me in the face... i use my other jack and get all the wheels up on stands.. i change my rear rotors, then open up my pads and realized they GAVE ME THE WRONG ONES! they gave me cobra front pads.. big difference from rear gt pads. so whatever, ill have to deal with it tomorrow.. i paint all my calipers red.. put 4 or 5 coats on each to make it nice and even... i then bleed my brakes, everything looks good.. i put everything back on, lower the car and then my brake stops wokring again.. somehow my piston in my rear right tire decided to unscrew itself a bit and spray fluid on my rim... i jack the **** back up, screw the piston back in, attempt to bleed my brakes again and the **** isnt working. so i have a spungy brake system and only 2 front working brakes... it isnt leaking anymore, but since the rear right doesnt want to function, the left one doesnt feel like following.... but it isnt affecting my front brakes.

!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Brakes are not as easy as some may think.

Here are some tips:
-keep the new rotors and pads spotlessly clean
-take your time
-use the correct tools
-research before you wrench
-installing speed bleeders makes bleeding much easier
-have used rotors turned when changing pads
-the rear calipers SCREW IN
-if you get frustrated take a break and then try again later
-be willing to take your wheels off like ten times before the brakes are right