Changed Springs...too Bouncy...help!!!

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by creektrack, Jan 8, 2014.

1. creektrack

creektrack Member

So you're saying I can get away with a new set of stock shocks and struts? I'll be doing the coil overs more towards the end of the year...

Btw, thanks for all the input, im fairly inexperienced when it comes to suspension. ..
  2. Thatsweetstang

Thatsweetstang Active Member

I'm pretty sure a new set would feel a whole lot better. If you can hold out a year with the bad ones and save money go for it. If you want a better ride for the year then just go cheap for right now. No point in going full out when you want coil overs. If it where me I'd buy the cheap stuff and see if I like it. I always hear coil overs are just stiff even with adjustable struts on. But some one else with coil overs would have to clarify that
  3. BOSSMAN2888

BOSSMAN2888 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Like Thatsweetstang said Bilstiens are some of the best. The thing about them is they work great with Coil-overs, so no need for a change when you get your coilovers, at least with the Bilsteins from Maximum Motorsports. IIRC their Bilstein struts are notched for Coilovers. Call those guys and them, they are more than willing to help and not just try to sell you parts. I have the MM Bilsteins with their coilover kit and they are quiet and still work great after over 4 years of spirited driving and many ride height settings. With this set-up the car handles great and rides good.
  4. Sharad

Sharad ALWAYS choose the V over the P!!! Wait... what? Site Sponsor

Showcase:
    I guess I'm a cheapskate. If I knew I was upgrading to coilovers in a matter of months, I'd just put up with the rough ride, and then use the money I saved toward purchasing GOOD coilovers.
  5. creektrack

creektrack Member

Thanks for the input on the bilsteins....to be honest, im getting used to the ride, so it may just stick for a lil while...I don't know, im actually in tge middle of replacing my single piston calipers on the front to the dual piston calipers from a 99-04 and im running into slight fitment issues...but should have it worked out tomorrow, just gotta do a lil grinding...