Changing all 6 lights tomorrow at 5:30am, what is the easiest way?

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
I understand this is not that hard, but I would like to know the easiest way...

Do I lay on the ground, do it from under the hood, do the headlights first?

Please advise, and save me an unnecessary headache!

Thanks, Brett

• Sponsors (?)

what do you mean by lay the rad back?

what do you mean by lay the rad back?

perkys stang said:
Do it from under the hood..... I would lay the rad. back if needed....

Also I would wait until you wake up as 5:30 is to damn early ;)

I'm a big guy, so heres how you do it if you have tree trunks for arms.

first do the main center light. you can do all of these from the top, your gonna want a 11mm ratcheting wrench though. Then, take that light out, do the outside corner light from your knees, then do the top bolt on the inner light, however you cant reach the lower bolt, you have to stick your arm up through the scoop on the bottom, when you reach threw there, depending on how big your arm is, it will hurt like hell when you reach up to that bolt.

I just did 3 sets today, hehe. Can get them out and back in in about ~15 minutes.

Did you say 11mm?

I thought all that stuff was standard?

I don't have a ratcheting wrench, but I do have 3/8 sockets... will this work?

JadeFalcon said:
I'm a big guy, so heres how you do it if you have tree trunks for arms.

first do the main center light. you can do all of these from the top, your gonna want a 11mm ratcheting wrench though. Then, take that light out, do the outside corner light from your knees, then do the top bolt on the inner light, however you cant reach the lower bolt, you have to stick your arm up through the scoop on the bottom, when you reach threw there, depending on how big your arm is, it will hurt like hell when you reach up to that bolt.

I just did 3 sets today, hehe. Can get them out and back in in about ~15 minutes.

A ratchet and wrench will work, but will be more time consuming. My lights were somewhat of a bitch to install.. the set screws were stuck in the backing plates, had to reuse a few of them.

It is pretty easy though, just take your time.. may take a couple hours to get them lined up just right etc.

I am stuck, please help!

I tried to get the headlights off but they look like they are not bolted, but held on by some sort of locking cam mechanism....anyone know what I should do?

Thanks,

Brett