Changing from Mac, to Magnapacks, will I regret?

• Sponsors (?)

kovacs22 said:
From Flowpaths to Magnapacks, im running shorty headers and prochamber...what you guys think?

Ryan

I just recently installed a magnapack system on my wifes 99 GT and it pops alot when decelerating. This is with the stock H pipe. Thats the only thing I dont like about them, other than that it sounds aggressive and alot louder than my flowmaster 40 on my 02 GT when I had the stock H pipe on..I suggest you find someone who has magnapacks and listen to them in person..

you will love the burbly tone with the packs and prochamber together. deep and rumbly and roars like a beast at higher rpms :nice:

i went with a regular offroad H with my packs and its even louder...i love my magnapacks!

mrvax said:
I would think it would be very loud. A real cop magnet.

I don't think the Packs coupled with the Prochamber is too loud at all, its more of a clean setup thats loud when you want it. I actually switched setups because it wasnt loud enough. As someone who actually had the setup, I wouldnt describe it as a cop magnet what so ever. Its a great sounding setup that wont be attracting the police unless your really getting on it and dropping gears in front of a cruiser.

I have the bassani catted X with magnapacks and Midi headers..At idle it is noticably louder then a stock exaust. It does pop a little on decel from a rev. At cruising speed I would say its pretty loud. This may have more to do with me having headers then anything else.

When I got my car it had the mac on it, with bassani x it had a nice tone. I switched to the packs and SO much louder. I loved it. You will love them to. If you want loud I would either get the magnapacks or slp. I bent the packs in an accident and got bassani. Now i kinda wish that I had gone with slp cuz I want my **** real loud. But go for that **** son.

I would not like it but If you are a loud is better type person it does not get much louder than packs. I don't like the loudmouths or the magnapacks but they are loud as sh&t that is for sure.

If I wanted my car that loud I would save the money and run strait pipe.

BullittStangV8 said:
I have the bassani catted X with magnapacks and Midi headers..At idle it is noticably louder then a stock exaust. It does pop a little on decel from a rev. At cruising speed I would say its pretty loud. This may have more to do with me having headers then anything else.

I'm jealous of your Bassani Mid-Lengths. Did you install those yourself? I'm scared of sticker shock at what a shop would charge to install them. :(