Charcoal Canister Scan Code P1443

I have the same code and replaced some of the rubber lines. I took the solenoid off and connected 12 v to it and it operates fine. Most say this is the most common part to fail. What are the odds mine is bad even though the plunger works? Is there more to it? I did not want to spend $80 buying both the solenoid and that valve without narrowing down.

• Sponsors (?)

I have this same code it comes on and off all of the time...i have changed the sensor twice, the cansister, plus all the hoses however this is still an ocurring problem. Any suggestions?

Can anyone tell me which one is the purge flow sensor in this picture because i keep getting the same code in my mustang? I am confused because one post says it's behind the fender liner and another post says it's near the firewall on the passenger side.

Attachments

• IMG_20111119_144925.jpg
    IMG_20111119_144925.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 458
darkhorse96:

See that connector with the blue butt near the middle-right of the photo? That's the flow sensor - it's in the rubber tubing that goes to the manifold (or throttle body). The canister is in the fenderwell behind the plastic liner.

HTH,

Chris

The Duralast PV342 purge flow sensor is a great place to start. Also suggest replacing all of the EVAP vapor lines from the the throttle body back. Gas vapors are very hard on rubber parts. This makes the line rot out from the inside.

A bad PF sensor and a bad solenoid will throw the same DTC code. Suggest performing a functional test of the purge solenoid at the same time. With no power, you should not be able to blow through it. Once 12 volts is applied, you should hear a click and then be able to blow through it.