Charge Motion Delete Plates

COBESGT

Oct 19, 2004
Dubuque, Iowa
Just want to here the Pros/Cons from those who have installed the Charge Motion Delete Plates.

- Much of a HP gain?
- Is the price worth the HP gain?
- Do these change your exhaust tone at all?
- What kind of MPG decrease did you see?
- Install easy or time consuming?
- Best brand and best price?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Some dude I bought parts off said he just removed the plates from stock intake and ran it like that. He said that it helped quite a bit in his 1/4 mi. That's all I know. I'll ask him mileage, exhaust tone, etc

1. Most people do plates and UDP at the same time to notice the difference. Maybe you get 5-10 hp from 3,000+ rpm.
2. I think most people will say it is worth the cost.
3. Not that I noticed.
4. No idea.
5. Easy, maybe an hour. Take off CAI, injectors, intake and slap the new pieces on.
6. Steeda Economy delete plates. $130 shipped is the best price I found for new.

I recommend buying an OEM intake from someone for about $30 and bolting the delete plates to that intake and keeping your original intake and CMCV together as one piece. Supposidly once your remove the CMCVs you can't reinstall them but I have known people that have done it. If you run an intake with and without plates then it is a simple swap to smog and then swap back.

And you'll need to get a tune for your car with the delete plates so that may determine where you get your plates from. For example, if you buy from Brenspeed for $150, they will give you a tune (value is $50 for the tune).