charging question

ok so heres the deal hopefully you guys can help. the first time of the day when i start my car is charges fine..no prob. after alittle driving or somthing if i go to hot start it, it will be about half of normal and it will stay really low. the battery doesnt die at all but the charge system gets really low. the a/c gets hot and the car starts to get hotter because of it. any suggestion are welcome :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Parts stores will load test the car with all the components in the car. That is where I would start.

Remember too that marginal cables will show their insufficiencies when they get warm/hot.

Good luck.

if u have a clamp style meter u can load test ur charging system and also check out ur voltage as well and make sure both are within specs. got a battery charger? see if the battery is sulfated as well if they say the battery checks out on the hand held tester. Make sure all ur grounds are good while ur at it.

You can always get your DVM and check the output of the alternator. Should be at least 13.6V.

Also, you can do a specific gravity and load test on the battery. That will tell you if it's good or not.
Scott