chattering WOT relay

Orangutan39

Jun 30, 2010
Turn key on a wot chatters making fuel pump come on and off car won't start. relay located on pass inter fender What connection does it have with fuel pump?? was running fine just hapened Car is 89 5.0 5 speed. Help

• Sponsors (?)

Be sure your TPS wiring isn't compromised and actually causing the chattering and other issues. The TPS is what determines WOT.

Look at the WOT wiring harness and socket. Heat causes the insulation to melt off of the wires and they short together under vibration.

FWIW, the relay is a SPDT and the output to the AC compressor connects to the normally-closed leg.

there is no sign of heat on the connection or relay the tsp was was replaced recently. was running fine just had major overhall almost all parts are new completely stock running all polution equipment. motor only idles sounds like spark is completely retarded. will not stay running. pulled codes 34 81 82 85 thank you for you reply. this wot thing has got me chattering any help would be appericated.

What is the actual timing while idling? Is the SPOUT connector installed?

If the relay is still chattering, did you remove it to see what happens?

The motor was timed at 10 dagrees with spout out of Dis . I don't seem to make any difference in starting with the relay out. I cleaned the contacts on the relay and used some electrical gel and the chatting stoped. but car don't run if it catches it will idle like it is late on time barley turns over. What next

Have you pulled codes?

Has the timing been checked since this started to happen? The dizzy might have come loose.