cheap headlights

• Sponsors (?)

No idea about that brand and how they hook up, but you should reconsider hooking them up to your original harness. Yes, it's physically possible to plug H4 bulbs right into your harness, but it's not a good idea. The stock wiring pulls all of the headlight current through the headlight switch, which is fine for stock lighting, but high-wattage modern lights pull a lot more current. Your old wiring can overheat and fail. H4 conversions should be run through an auxiliary relay harness so they can be powered directly from the battery via wiring that's up to the task.

I bought a set of diamond cuts off ebay for my 1970 with x4 headlights around $25. After doing some research I decided to upgrade wire harness. I read without doing that you may have problems with headlights flicking off because they were not pulling enough juice thru existing harness. Below is the part number for kit from summit racing for a 1969 you'll need kit that operates 4 bulbs - very easy install - all plug and play no cutting. About the other 2 wires you were referring to - those are for the ligttle blue light in casing - never hooked them up - did not feel like cutting into harness. Should be any eay upgrade and car is a lot brighter now.

AMC-509102 UPGRADE WIRE KIT

stay away from the APC crap. it's utterly junk.

i just bought a set. those other 2 wires on it are for a little light bulb inside of the f**** thing just another way to get dirt and moisture in it and they serve no purpose other than Bling. the retaining clip don't hold in the element. i had to make my own.
i own a small truck repair shop and am a certified dot inspector. these lights carry no DOT endorsement and from what little i drove on them i dont consider the light output to be that of a normal headlight but that of a flood light. i can see everything in the ditch around me brighter than hell right in front of me but dims to nothingness in about an 1/8 mile. tried to adjust them but there is no focal point just a flood light.

just the other day at work i was trying to find an oddball utility light for a truck. so i paged thhough my trucklite catalog and saw that trucklite makes them. they are DOT endorsed made in the good ol USA and my cost on them is $24. @%&#*%@

I won't use anything other than Hella H4 conversions anymore. In my experience, they have the brightest, clearest, best distributed light. Night & day improvement over stock, and higher quality than all the plastic lights out there. The downside -- way more expensive. I consider lighting a safety issue though so I feel it's worth it.

reenmachine said:
I consider lighting a safety issue though so I feel it's worth it.

Exactly why I spend good money on a set of OEM Ford headlights, and Silverstars.

It isn't the cheapest route, but safer than cheaper alternatives. :nice: