Cheap (price) Computers At Autozone

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Wicked50Chris, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Wicked50Chris

Wicked50Chris Member

Just a heads up, if anyone is looking for a computer, Autozone sells them for about 100$. I thought this was a deal, so i wanted to share it. I would have thought they would cost over 250$. Enjoy

2. jcgafford

jcgafford Advanced Member

all the parts store list them, and perhaps at a given time they actually can get them. i went to all of them only to find i had to drive an hour to oreilly's to actually be able to order one. seems they are cyclic in availability depending on how many have been turned back in for core charges.

3. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

If you search all their systems online, you can usually find what you need, but like said above, it's almost always "special order only". Go into the store armed with information, because the desk clerk will look at you cross-eyed.

FWIW, they do not verify what your core trade-in is. I swapped my old junk '86 Speed Density computer for an A9L.

4. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT "STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER" Super Mod

The ECU's are made by Cardone Industries (I worked for them for 16+ years) and usually half price or less than what the dealer sells it for. There will be a core charge between $25-$100 depending on part number. Most auto parts stores can get them within 24 hours if they don't have them on the shelf.

5. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    ...Which makes complete sense since only half of them actually work. :D

6. 7991LXnSHO

7991LXnSHO Well-Known Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    The stealership went used on mine. They did not have an A9l available new, did not check aftermarket or rebuilding place. As long as the salvage place took to misorder, mish ship and generally mess up, I wish we had done this or rebuilt it.