Cheapest way for 5 lug all around....

admstng

Dec 12, 2003
Hey guys, I was wondering what is the cheapest way to get convert my 4 lugs in 5 on my 90' coupe? Thanks for any help

btw, if it's somthing somewhat simple, i'll do it myself...

• Sponsors (?)

um non abs 94 95 mustang rear and the front spindles off a newer 5 lug stang shoudkl work go to a juck yard with plenty of stangs i know my budy is salin me his old front stuff of his 2000 stang he said it should be a direct bolt on

tjm73 said:
DO A SEARCH. THIS HAS BEEN COVERED MANY TIMES.

All replies in different threads have different suggestions, hence the reason for another thread... turn ur caps lock off btw...

floydamus: thanks for the info.
bmorrisj: great link! Thank you

-Adam

admstng said:
All replies in different threads have different suggestions, hence the reason for another thread... turn ur caps lock off btw...

floydamus: thanks for the info.
bmorrisj: great link! Thank you

-Adam

cap locks weren't on.....

all the info you will need is in the other threads. basically the only thing you need to specify is what wheels you want to run. if you are looking to run any 94-04 mustang OEM wheel (bullit, cobra R, svt, etc...) you will need 94-04 front brake/spindle setup. the lincoln mark vii/continetal front rotors won't allow the center caps for the newer mustang wheels to be installed, but the wheels will bolt up.

what wheels do you plan to use?

As was stated, it ALL depends on what wheels you want to run as to what the cheapest conversion is. Most of the aftermarket wheels and the 94-04 Ford 15" and 16" and the 94-95 17" tri bars and 95 Cobra Rs will work on the SVO/Mark VII rotors with no modifications. You can mount many of the 96-04 wheels, but will not be able to use the center caps due to the recessed and smaller centers on the wheels. But you can mount some of the caps like on the Mach 1 wheels with spindle modifications. Regarding price, just to give you an idea, I can get a Mark VII rotor/ Aerostar axle conversion around me for about $100 used, or about $325 new. The SN95 fronts I can get from about $125 for spindles, rotors, calipers and lines. Add $70 for the used rear axles & drums or $200 for new. Rear disc runs it up quite a bit due to all you need to change, probably more like $400 or so for the rear.

You can look on www.car-part.com for used parts locally or at least close by if you want used. I helped several guys find parts fairly cheaply with it.

Good luck!

DirtyD916 said:
if you dont start new threads then there will be nothing to search :notnice:

Uh, thats true if the topic has never been covered before, which isn't the case right now.

What the above people posted is spot on so there really isn't much to add other than you'll be much happier with the look and performance of the mod if you do it right instead of as cheap as possible. 94 - 98 axles are are longer than fox axles, and 99+ axles are even longer still. This being said the offset for 94+ wheels is different than that of a foxbody. aerostar/ranger axles are the same length as stock. So what happens when you put these wheels on a stock length axle is the wheels look "sucked in". if you know someone who has done ths go look at ther car and you'll see it immediatly. It just doesn't look right. Plus you won't get any of the benefts of a wider rear track width, nor will you have the option of fitting a nice fat rear tire. And you cannot safely make up that much space with wheel spacers.

Check 5.0resto, saw they have a conversion kit w/ everything including royal purple for $400. Not sure what thier using but its nice thats it a complete kit. Im doing a 5lug conv this winter except moser axles spool etc., might as well put in the good stuff while its torn down.

Ford Motorsports has that kit thats like 400 bucks and it includes new 5-lug front discs that will work on the fox body spindle and use the the factory brakes and for the rear you get new axles and drum covers. By far the cheapest way to do it and you get all new stuff....

Whats the point of a forum if people cant talk and ask questions.

And until there are stickies with info and containing links to good threads discussing these questions people will keep posting and asking.

Takes a real ******* to post just use the search and not offer any help or links. If you gonna bother to post at all at least be helpful ;)

Js90Lx said:
Would the motorsport or 5.0resto kit work with bullit wheels? The 5lug drums for the rear? It should work right? Or do I need to get the sn95 spindles for the front?
NO. You will have clearence problems in the front due to the depth of the bearing cover inside the wheel. You will need to run spacers or go with the sn 95 conversion.