Check, Check, Re-check the double Check, Check? CHECK!

Ethereal Zer0

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2002
Everett, WA
Picked up some Eibach-Pro springs, Tokico struts/shocks, and some CC plates. Should I get anything else before I lower the car (Spring Isolators?)? I have Aluminum steering rack bushings, but should i replace all the other bushings in the front end as well? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ethereal Zer0 said:
Picked up some Eibach-Pro springs, Tokico struts/shocks, and some CC plates. Should I get anything else before I lower the car (Spring Isolators?)? I have Aluminum steering rack bushings, but should i replace all the other bushings in the front end as well? Thanks!
Oh almost forgot, Not sure how low you want to go but if you want lower and don't mind a little bit more road noise you can leave out the isolators and gain an extra inch drop in the front and rear. Thats what did when i did mine back in 2001. No problems yet :D

StangJonGT said:
Urethane bushings for suspension would be a great thing to get now, while you are in there. Eibach springs are not supposed to "settle", and if they settle excessively you are return them. For more info, check www.eibach.com. As for the pro-kit, isn't that the less aggressive spring set?

Jon

Yeah, the Pro Kit is supposed to be ~1.5'' drop, and their Sportlines give about a 2'' drop

10HoleLX said:
1. Offset steering rack bushing to properly align the rack and the outer tie rods after lowering.

2.Shorter sway bar end link kit to properly position the sway bar after lowering.

Everything else can wait.

Is the Shorter sway bar end link kit necessary? Never heard of anyone doing that before...Also, anyone have any problems when they removed the spring isolators? I'm worried about the springs moving while launching hard....Thanks guys!

I have bilstien shocks and struts, eibach pro kit, mm cc plates, poly sway bar, poly rack, and poly front control arm bushings. I haven't had a sagging problem with my springs. I would recommend replacing the front control arm bushings. My car had a problem with the suspension being off when I went to get it aligned, I had to have both caster camber plates pushed to the right to get it straight. After I did the bushings it fixed my problem and it made the car handle better.

Ethereal Zer0 said:
Is the Shorter sway bar end link kit necessary? Never heard of anyone doing that before...Also, anyone have any problems when they removed the spring isolators? I'm worried about the springs moving while launching hard....Thanks guys!

Your sway bar will be more effective if you install shorter links.

Remember the sway bar and links were made to work properly at the factory height and not at the modified lower height.

Also the shorter aftermarket links are Heavy Duty (thicker and have a steel sleeve) for performance driving.

Now if your just going to cruise and straight line racing the stock end links will be ok.

Then again many straight line racers remove the front sway bar for better weight transfer and weight loss up front