check engine light after washing car

So i decided to clean my engine, I sprayed alittle engine gunk "very little" and hosed it all down. dryed it up as best as i could then sprayed amor all everywhere to shine it up. I noticed the CAI was kinda leaning downward and i re-tighten a few screws. i pulled the vacumm hose on the plenum(the one with the 2 red lines on it but has 1 black main line on the plenum. The car shut off,so i put it back. all was fine untill about 30 miles later. check engine light came on, car felt sputter at times. I looked and found the vacuum line from the CAI was almost off I went to autozone bought some clamps and the car runs fine(seems like it anyways) but the check engine light is still on. BTW how do i pull codes on 96 gt? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hold on, I dont understand, did you pull the vaccum line when the car was on? If so, thats why you got a code. Either way, I am sure its something stupid. Just disconnect the battery for 30 mins and the code will be gone, probably forever, if it comes back, then run to autozone or some other place to pull the code.