CHECK ENGINE???

GS4LEX

May 26, 2003
My check engine light came on all of a sudden. Ive had my catback on for atleast 2-3 weeks now and all of a sudden the light turns on. I did also hit the rev limiter on accident the day before.

Any suggestions on this problem?

My car seems to be running fine and fast, and gas mileage is the same. Should i reset the ECU? Whats the easiest way to do this, should i unhook the negative side of the battery?

Please help, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Head down to Autozone and have your codes scanned to see what the problem is...it may be another sensor somewhere else that crapped out...Come back with the code that it gives and they'll be someone on here that'll tell you what it means...

Thanks....I just disconnected the negative for 15 minutes and it worked no light. :D I went out and tested it out, first gear still feels strong but it feels like I lost some power in second? huh? what? :shrug: :mad: :(

fiveofanatic said:
Go check for codes. No help without codes! ;)

MAN i hate to ask u this and i really hope you dont get offended by it but what did you pay for that beautiful house... again this is a if u dont mine me asking question... so if ud rather keep that private i totaly understand... just very curious so i thought id ask... it looks like heaven, and with all that stang room :D... id love a house like that when im a little older