Check out my back seat!!!

3NiGmA

Aug 9, 2005
San Antonio
Removed the back seat to install sub's, amp, and oh yeah NOS!!!!! Used Peda-ply wood, and Speaker fabric...650watt Polk Audio 12"s, Kenwood KAC 1000watt amp, Alpine CD player, Alpine Digital Equalizer/mini-disc player...used existing factory Mach 1000 6x9's, replaced door speakers and tweaters with Polk Audio. I went with a Zex 75-150 Shot Wet System. After careful consideration I figured Zex was the most userfriendly considering I do everything my self. Just to be safe I installed a venom control module in the back ground as a failsafe.

With my current set up it takes me about 23 seconds to hit 160 from a 15 mph roll, I was having to much rpm drop when I hit 6th gear and actually loosing a few mph on the shift so I figure the NOS will make up for the lack of torque on the top end and get me to 180 or 190 pretty quick.

Feel free to comment.

Attachments

• !!!!.jpg
    !!!!.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 183
  • !!!finished.jpg
    !!!finished.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks...yeah...she's my child...

About 5 or 6K miles ago, I pulled the motor and had the rotating assembly balanced at Kendricks here in SA. I used the existing forged cobra crank, and added a set of eagle h-beams with JE forged Alum. light weight 9.0:1 pistons to allow compensation for the huge boost the KB charger is throwing out. While I had the motor out I figured I might as well throw in a set of Comp Cams Valve Lift: .475/.450 -
.050 Duration: 238/240 with a 116 lobe sep.

I had it dyno here at a place called Mustang Xtreme...

Attachments

• Dyno(06-17-2004).jpg
    Dyno(06-17-2004).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 174
So, 9:1 compression, cams, a KB....and now nitrous.
That 600+RWHP number is whith the nitrous right?

What kind of boost are you running?
Intercooled?
What size Nitrous shot?
What is your fuel system, injectors, MAF?
What octance gas are you running?
What's your timing set at?

Fill in your sig so we know what you are running.

The pistons are rated at 8.75-9.0:1 N/A, With the Blower at 9psi its probably more like 10.5:1 or better. With NOS...I couldnt tell you....

Piston kit was designed for a high boost/NOS set up.

Intercooled kit with after market throttle body/90mm MAF sensor, etc.

Timing is at 18 degree's.

Its a 150 shot...im using the largest nozzels I could fit for that kit...which are not even zex :nice: I snagged from a buddy off his 200 NX kit...Zex doesnt make anything bigger than a 125 kit for my set up. Im running the injectors the S/C kit came with...42lb.

No the dyno doesnt include NOS. That would be cheating... :nice:

Roatating assemble is internaly balanced with the factory forged crank, Eagle H-beams, and JE Alum lightwieght pistons, Kenne bell 9psi intercooled kit(Came with cold air kit and 90mm MAF senor), patriot stage 3 heads (Patriot mills some serious heads at a resonable price), comp cams 2000-6200 rpm cams, BBK 65mm Tbody, 3:55 gears, Diablo Programmer, Zex 150 shot, Venom Control Module, JBA Shorty headers, MAC off-road H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, Steeda G-Track (Subframe connectors, 1.5 Springs, caster camber plates, All upgraded bushings on balljoints, etc.; sway bars, stabilizers, adjustable upper control arms, lower control arms and trailing arms, bilstein shocks and struts, bump steer kit, Cobra R Ties rod ends, Cobra R brake conversion, Brembo brake controler, Hays Comp Borg and Beck Pressure plate w/ a super connector sprung hub organic clutch disc...and well thats all I can remember for now...custom rollcage soon to come...need to save up about 3000 grand for the custom work...which is going to come through the fire wall and connect directly with the frame and suspension...includes a Cobra R hood for strut tower brace clearance...the brace will interconnect with the rollcage, frame reinforcement assembly. .

Any other questions... :nice: :cheers:

PS: I do all my own installation...aside from machining etc.

Numbers seem high for only 9lbs of KB boost....even with all the supporting mods. I've been reading where most 99-01 Cobra guys are not happy with their KB's because they are only getting low 400 to the wheels. Granted that is just with exhaust mods and the KB.

I'm pushing 14 lbs of boost through my Vortech and have many additional mods. I'm at 21 degrees timing and hitting 532RWHP. I'm running the 03 Cobra injectors (flow rated at 43 lbs per hour) and pretty much at the limit of the injector. If you are pushing 600+ RWHP you will want to upgrade to the 60 lb injectors.

Not accusing, just curious as to why your numbers are so high when others are low.

99SVTAddict said:
Numbers seem high for only 9lbs of KB boost....even with all the supporting mods. I've been reading where most 99-01 Cobra guys are not happy with their KB's because they are only getting low 400 to the wheels. Granted that is just with exhaust mods and the KB.

I'm pushing 14 lbs of boost through my Vortech and have many additional mods. I'm at 21 degrees timing and hitting 532RWHP. I'm running the 03 Cobra injectors (flow rated at 43 lbs per hour) and pretty much at the limit of the injector. If you are pushing 600+ RWHP you will want to upgrade to the 60 lb injectors.

Not accusing, just curious as to why your numbers are so high when others are low.
I think he was joking when he said the dyno #'s were on boost alone. :nice: By the way, that is a sick ride. :cheers:

I have worked with several timing settings...18 degrees got me my best over all power from 2000 - 6000 keeping some decent low end torque and still allowing the motor to work up in the high rpm's where it's set up to work. Anything past 20 degree actually caused me to loose power...and I noticed engine knocking even with vp fuel.

Personally, I would trade my whole set up...S/C, NOS and all for a 5.0 DOHC cammer/ only thing I would do to it is maybee add a 7+ quart oil pan...Back in the early 60's ford also made a 427 DOHC big block for their indy cars...N/A it layed 600+ to the rear wheels. and if you look and motor dimensions of a 427ci DOHC (W30"-L32"-H29" / wieght 625 lb) and a 4.6 DOHC (W29"-L28"-H30" / wieght 576 lb). The dimesions really aren't that far off...with some modifications a dohc/sohc 427 BB would fit nicely. :D :jaw:

...as for the frame....im no engineer...but im guessing the massive amounts of torque at the motor mounts would creat a serious problem...custom tubular frame braces to that area as well as the front suspension and maybee the rear would suffice.

As for the supercharger...yeah I could throw a high boost pully on and push the S/C to its limits...but at 6000 dollars a pop...Im not in a big hurry to throw out another 1-2k to rebuild the damn thing.

WOW...lets eleborate or start a new thread on possible ideas for a 99-04 cobra body endurance car that will take BIGRED. If you aren't familiar with BIGRED...its a 1969 Camaro sitting on a tubular aluminum NASCAR frame/suspension, w/ a 540 bigblock endurance motor built by lingenfelter...N/A spitting out 800hp. In the SilverState race...which ever was most recent...it averaged 197 the entire race...with a top speed of 232...and thats in MPH folks. It smoked every high dollar...millionare driving machine...and passed up nearly all of the bikes...and for the record the bikes where given a 30 minute head start...because most people figured they would be faster. It holds the world record so far in open road races...and the guy will hand over the pink slip to any one who beats him. :D :nice:

Um, ok.

I hate doing this, but I gotta call BS on this one.

Why does your graph stop at 6300RPM? Your car should be able to spin to 7000-7500 RPM's. Did you run out of fuel or something?

Also, that is unlike ANY KB dyno graph I've ever seen. KB's are known for bringing on the power at low RPM levels, yet your graph looks just like my centrifical blower (where power goes up with RPM).

Every other 99-01 Cobra that has added a KB is in the low 400's, yet you make 600+ at 9PSI. I have a friend with a 99 that added the KB (no intercooler), makes 8PSI and is pushing 400RWHP.

Sorry, it just doesn't add up. That dyno chart is what really makes me call BS. NO roots or twinscrew blower would ever make a curve like that. Also, I believe your torque numbers are way lower than your HP numbers....hmmmmm???? :notnice:

Ya, this stuff just doesn't add up.
630RWHP and only 125mph in the traps? OK, I could see if you had no traction, but you had a 1.4 60ft time, so you had traction. I assume you are pulling the front tires off the ground then. With the power you state you have you should be pushing 130+ mph in the traps.

Tires:
Drag Radials
Race weight:
Horsepower:
60 foot time:
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile MPH:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile MPH:

Well...your free to have your own opinion...but Ill explain this again for yall.

Ok... :chair:

Im running a set of patriot stage 3 heads, blah blah blah blah .. read all my other posts.

That track time is my only track time...quarter mile straight line racing is for amatures.
I wasn't using slicks...I was using my many thousands of dollars Nitto NT 555 R tires and I wasnt in a hurry to tear them up. (not drag tires...road race tires...so they are made to grab, and when they do spin it tears em up) I launched in second at 3500 and had minmal tire spin. Im just good...dont be jealous. I HAVE **** for low end torque...which is why my hp and good torque really doesn't pick up until around 3200 rpms...as for the dynometer...that motor could handle 20lb's of boost easily...just not for long periods of time :) ...9psi isn't **** on my car...I'm sure the dyno's you've seen where on motors with minimal to no valve work ...stock throttle bodies, factory headers, stock cams, etc...blah blah blah...I have heads you dream about while sleeping at night...and its not because I'm rich either... :owned:

When I c you at Arroyo seco...laguna seca...or willow springs...we'll talk. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I originally posted on here...because a buddy wanted another friend of his to see my back seat...that was all...Im not here to show off my ride...If you want a back seat delete...I'm going to do a CAD drawing of the one I did on my car...and include all materials. Incase any one else wants to do the same thing...cost is minimal depending on brand of stereo equipment you use. 120 in materials if you have the tools. send me a Pmsg if your interested...

This is my last post...Im not going to check this thread again or answer any more questions in Pmsgs concerning my car if it involves anything other than my back seat...

Addict...your a very negative person...you should try phrases like..."Wow...thats nice." "Great job on the car." "I've seen better, but its still nice" or something as simple as "sweet." Honestly I dont think you know all that much about motors...no offense...and your the only one who seems to feel this way. Your actually trying to start somthing...get other people in on your ignorant bandwagon...grow up.

GOD BLESS...

Not starting nothing, just pointing out that that graph isn't yours....no way. No roots or twin screw blower would ever put out a torque curve like that.

The pictures you posted do look nice. But your power claims are a pipe dream.
This is my favorite:
I launched in second at 3500 and had minmal tire spin.
Cause as you know launching in 2nd gear is what all the drag racers are doing now days. Have a nice day.

hahahahahahahhahahahaha :lol:

99SVTAddict said:
Not starting nothing, just pointing out that that graph isn't yours....no way. No roots or twin screw blower would ever put out a torque curve like that.

The pictures you posted do look nice. But your power claims are a pipe dream.
This is my favorite: Cause as you know launching in 2nd gear is what all the drag racers are doing now days. Have a nice day.

hahahahahahahhahahahaha :lol:

Torque curve is not right for a blower motor. It should come on strong at low RPM and stay rather flat through the range. Something isnt right.