Check This B.s. Out!

So I get home from my daughters practice and I have a message on the machine. This guy asks for me, says he seen my ad on cars.com and wanted to buy my car. He gave his cell number and asked me to call him. So I do and here is his story: I seen an ad on cars.com, replied to it and they sent me a vin number. I researched the vin and it came back being owned by you. This is where I questioned things because the car is in Ohio and the vin is registered in PA to you. It's a really good deal, but I don't want ripped off.
I reply: the car is not for sale, can I get some more info from you. How did you search for the car? Whats the asking price? So from there I went on cars.com and searched 2000 mustang $4088.00. Sure as hell, there it is! Now here is where it gets wierd, I bought the car in OH and it is listed as being in OH now. I bought the car with 88,000 miles. Had it inspected in Pa with 90,270. It is listed with 90,270. So now I am jacked and spent 35 min on the phone with PA state police. Told me not much they can do a differnt trooper will call me back tomarrow...WTF!:fuss:

• Sponsors (?)

What I am worried about is when this person gets someone to send him money and scams them, I don't want them comming back on me since the guy is giving out my vin numb. And I was directed by the state police to leave the listing up till today so they can research it. If its a joke then funny funny, but if there is a guy trying to scam people then I hope he gets caught

Reactions: 1 user
If someone is dumb enough to send money for a car sight unseen, I'm not sure how much sympathy I feel. I wouldn't be to worried about other people possibly breaking the law by scamming someone - it's not like interfering now is going to stop them. But yeah, do what you can to get the ad removed, they obviously aren't selling your car.

My friends from the ChryCo. world would occasionally find one of "our" cars for sale on Ebay or CL. It happens a few times per year.

Yet another douchebag trying to scam someone out of their money, by taking pics from CarDomain or even just a Google search, then making a fake ad. We've even seen parts of cars advertised for sale, like expensive rims, featuring a friends' car. ;)

Buyer Beware!