Check this x-pipe out

• Sponsors (?)

It'll do the trick but im not a big fan of non mandrel bent pipes. If you want the ultimate home made unit I would get two 10" 45* mandrel sections 2.5" OD and have a competent welder cut and paste as nesessary. But those will work well and for 15 bux..... SWEET cant get anything for 15 bux these days.

SPEED FREAK said:
It'll do the trick but im not a big fan of non mandrel bent pipes. If you want the ultimate home made unit I would get two 10" 45* mandrel sections 2.5" OD and have a competent welder cut and paste as nesessary. But those will work well and for 15 bux..... SWEET cant get anything for 15 bux these days.

Is there a huge difference between MANDREL AND NON-MANDREL....got any pics.

Your right the price was unbeatable. You would pay someone more than that for the pipe and the bends. I weld so I am not worried about it. But its nice to take it to a muffler shop and have them do it ON A LIFT with the bender.

I had my old one custom made also. Its really nice.

RydeOn said:
i know the price is good. what are u gonna put it on mike?

I am just having it made for now. I am building a Coupe over the next few years and I am taking the cheapest route possible. I may stick it on my 89 Gt just to try it for a while. It already has a custom x-pipe on it. Its got the mandrel bent pipe though. I had the WHOLE thing made at a shop. I just wanted to try this one out. It will cut down the cost of labor a little. The x-part is the most time consuming. I can barely get drunk for $15.

I am just going to try it.....if it sucks then I will make sure I tell everyone so they don't waste $15. It looks like it will produce a good (unique) sound.

i think it's gonna make your mufflers go 'FLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAPFLAP' like an old dodge pickup truck.

J/K, but think of it this way...every performance H or X and catback system (or at least the ones that matter) uses mandrel bending. The stock pipes weren't mandrel bent. Why not just leave your stock pipes on and buy the muffler of your choice? Because mandrel bending is where the flow comes from. Would you buy headers that werent mandrel bent? But hey, it's just 2 little spots so it might not be a big thing, who knows. Dyno your car now, then after you put it on and we'll all know.

:nice:
willys1 said:
Is that a name brand,or is that a custom piece?Yo Mikee,let us in,what are you building?

Yes it is custom

I am not worried about the non mandrel bends. Its only 1 inch and then it goes into the crossover. It will still move the exhaust. I think some of you guys are looking into the mandrel bends a little to much. Its not that bad. The bends are inside the crossover. I personally think it will sounds good.

I am building a 89 coupe. Doing it over the next few years. Probably a 408 windsor. I was also thinking about a 514 Big block and a powerglide. Havn't made up my mind yet. Still have time. It's original V-8 car. Great shape. I bought it as a roller. It's going to be an animal. It's getting wheel tubs and a narrowed housing. Full cage and blablahblahblah....... :nice:

I won't tell you what I paid for it becuase it would make you dry.

I think so to. I want it to be as wild as possible and still be street driven. If I go with the 514 it will have a powerglide and transbrake. If I go with a 408 it will be A G-force T-5.

Staying NA on both motors. My grandfather has an old truck with a 4 bolt main 351 in it. Its mine when he gets a new truck.