Chevy engine in a Stang?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

i have a friend that has a ls1 in his fox body. that sucka hit 11s. now i want one. ls1 flow pattern is a little better.

What does that even mean?

I remember him. I have no problems with people doing that. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

I have a problem with that. Have some brand loyalty, please. I think it just bastardizes the car. I'd rather admire a fast F-Body with a LS motor in it. And the few guys who put Ford engines in Chevys aren't any better.

Yea i agree. Keep a Ford in a Ford. A built small block ford will run like a raped ape. This guy I know has a 347 that revs to 7400 like no other. Smoothest sounding engine I've ever heard. He sprays something like a 125 shot and goes 10.3@135ish. My buddy is building an 86 with a 355 SBC and thinks its going to be the fastest thing on earth just because its gonna have a chevy engine in it.

I personally sold two 6.0L Chevrolet engines to a shop who put them into a notchback. When I delivered the second motor, I saw the first engine I sold them in the car

It ran and everything. He had a tubular K-frame with custom mounts he fabbed up. I guess it was cool, but I'd rather see a Ford motor of some sort....5.0L, 5.8L, 4.6L whatever...anything like that.

RX-7:
RX7-LS1-1591.jpg

A Civic:
IMAGE_105.jpg

A 240sx:
Vette240.jpg

240z:
View attachment 279934

Skyline:
2-1.jpg

Mustang:
1.jpg

Mustang:
LS1MUSTANG4.jpg

Attachments

• RX7-LS1-1591.jpg
    RX7-LS1-1591.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAGE_105.jpg
    IMAGE_105.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Vette240.jpg
    Vette240.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 132
why would anyone put a crappy Chevy engine in a Stang when you can get as much or more power out of a Ford engine ,it would be a better idea to put a Ford engine in a Corvette.

How old are you?? This looks like something a 10 year old would say. Fords rule and chevys drule!!

I've seen several foxes like this and I think it's a perfect idea. I wish I had the time and place to do mine. Lets see, a lightweight high revving aluminum small block that will make over 400rwhp with nothing but a cam swap and exhaust. They get 25mpg around town in a 3800lb camaro, imagine in a 2800lb notch. I've seen ls1s with the t56 behind them for sale for less than $2k. If you can do a little math that's a 10 second car (with suspension obviously) with a cheap, basically stock engine that will get 30mpg on the highway... Yeah, you guys are right, what a terrible combination....

As far as mixing breeds, eh who the **** cares. If it's fast for cheap it's bad ass.

How old are you?? This looks like something a 10 year old would say. Fords rule and chevys drule!!

Haha, expect talk like that in any thread like this. BTW, its "drool". :p

As far as mixing breeds, eh who the **** cares. If it's fast for cheap it's bad ass.

Why not just build a stripped down F-Body? Those are cheap too, these days. Or an old S10? Those things can be lightweight, too. Mid eighties Monte Carlo? 2-door Malibu? I just don't understand why a Chevy guy would cross brand lines when so many GM products would be cool with a LS motor.

Why a Ford guy would do it I have NO idea. :shrug:

The engine seems to go in anything :shrug:

Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda, and BMW all have their own V8s. Maybe not as cheap or fast as a LS, but IMHO would be a more unique and respectful swap.

Does Mazda have its own V8? I don't know.

...Or at least one of them little smart car pos.

Haha, but where would the driver sit? :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.