chip vs nitrous

• Sponsors (?)

"sig" = signature. The mod list at the bottom of someones post.

Since you have a decent compression ratio going on the motor, larger injectors, and a little port work...

You shouldn't do any guesswork or assume that nitrous will be fine without a tune.

A 100 shot will be fine as long as your motor is in good health and you get it tuned CORRECTLY.

I would do it the right way and get a dyno tune so everything can be monitered while you are spraying nitrous.

Wet kit all the way, NX is top of the line stuff but other brands work well also.

thats why i was asking bc i only have enough to buy the nx kit or get it tuned. if i can run a 100shot then thats what i want to do, but if its going to blow something up i would rather get a good tune and it run a little better and faster and not blow up...normally the plan is to not blow something up tho right? haha

a 100 shot would be fine. you wont even need a tune for a 100 shot. NX says you will not need to even pull timing till you go above a 100 shot. but i would recommend pulling some timing just to be safe. I have run a 100 shot for a while and a 150 shot for even longer and have sprayed a 200 shot twice and my motor still runs very strong. but i did my own tuning with the sniper tuner and i made the tune dead on and it ran good.

get a good bottle heater to go with nitrous though. I have the dynotune nitrous heater and its very good. one thing that will make ya very mad with nitrous is if you have a crappy heater and your pressure is low because the heater cannot heat up the nitrous. like the zex heaters are pretty much worthless.

04GT is right; NX states you can run a stock tune without pulling timing up to a 100 shot.

On a car with your mods, if it isnt tuned allready chances are it needs some dialing in to begin with.

If you feel safe doing it, go for it. Just run it on the dyno to make sure the A/F ratio is acceptable while spraying.

Its not the safest thing to do though, just my opinion.

I'm with Burning, with you mods I would get a tune if you plan on spraying. You have to remember NX is basing this on a stock to near stock mustang, not one with higher compression and some port work.

If you do decide to run nitrous you need to get 1-2 steps colder plugs too.

i bought the kit (despite everyone telling me not to) i have it basicly installed i still need to find a place to put the switches and how to mount the solinoids. any ideas? i tested it and the purge valve is leaking a little bit. how do i fix it? what plugs should i get? idk how to tell if there colder or hotter.

get some thread lock and that will stop the leaking. but i just temporarily mounted my switches under my dash by just using some velcro lol. couldnt see my switches at all but it worked perfectly.

I mounted my solenoids to the back of my plenum where the throttle linkages mount to.

you can mount it all it many different ways. are you wiring it to a wot switch on the throttle body or a push button?

oh and i would recommend pulling some timing though. NX does state you dont need to on a 100 shot but i would. you shouldnt need to mess with air fuel any you should be good to go with that. the 100 shot jets that it comes with run on the richer side of things. but ill tell you this too start small on the 50 shot then work your way up. just to make sure things are working properly. you dont want to start on a 100 shot then uh oh the fuel solenoid isnt working right or something.

50 shot would be more forgiving than a 100. the bigger the shot the smaller the window for error is.

....with you mods I would get a tune if you plan on spraying. You have to remember NX is basing this on a stock to near stock mustang, not one with higher compression and some port work....

This is the key phrase here. Sure most kits are (relatively) safe up to 100hp shot. But your car is significantly modded and really should be tuned before you run any nitrous. If you just can't wait, at least start at the 50 or 75 hp jets and work up, install one step colder plugs gapped down to at least .042, run a full tank of 93 octane, and (if possible) drop timing down one or two degrees. Good luck.
:flag:

i got the kit used and it only has the 100shot jet. idk how to drop the timing but i was told that if i run 100octane or somekinda race gas it should be ok. the purge isnt leaking around the threading it seems like its not closing off all the way inside the purge solinoid.

You can't drop the timing unless you have a timing adjuster or a flash tuner that allows you to play with the timing settings.

Race fuel would help against detonation, but its not a real fix like adjusting timing is.

I would vote for the tune. I do see that you have the nitrous now. From MY PERSONAL experience, you want a better than stock clutch. I do not see one on the mod list posted. I destroyed my clutch in about a bottle and a half w/ the spray. You dont HAVE to have a tune but, it is a REALLy good idea. You are also a lot more modded than stock and prob. could benefit from a tune regardless. If you think about it, a stock stang get some hp from a tune. Modded ones get even more. You are modded and havent changed anything. You have some hp in there as your car sits IMHO. Good luck either way though.

I would vote for the tune. I do see that you have the nitrous now. From MY PERSONAL experience, you want a better than stock clutch. I do not see one on the mod list posted. I destroyed my clutch in about a bottle and a half w/ the spray. You dont HAVE to have a tune but, it is a REALLy good idea. You are also a lot more modded than stock and prob. could benefit from a tune regardless. If you think about it, a stock stang get some hp from a tune. Modded ones get even more. You are modded and havent changed anything. You have some hp in there as your car sits IMHO. Good luck either way though.

wow thats crazy how fast you tore up your stock clutch i still have mine and its got 73k on it and those are all hard miles and around 30 bottles of nitrous. and now the KB and its still holding pretty good.

Skip the sending the computer out. The days of that are old and gone, lol.

Mail order is risky with your setup man. What works for one may not work for you.

If you can, you really need to get that setup dyno tuned for the nitrous.