Chirping Brakes All The Time!

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by jhooks320, Oct 15, 2013.

1. jhooks320

jhooks320 New Member

Ok I have a weird problem. I have had this chirping noise for quite some time now. It happens after a couple miles of driving. As I gain speed the chirping is faster even when not pressing the brake. ALWAYS THERE! The weird thing is that when I press the brakes the sound completely goes away...... I have had my brakes checked by two shops and both say the same thing... "Pads are good, rotors are good, rotors not touching backplate. Typical noises from a ford. Nothing to worry about."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. trombonedemon

trombonedemon Well-Known Member

Check to see if your anti-squeal metal hardware is there, check to see if the rear diff is leaking. Oh the slide pins in the rear brackets are notorious for sticking or getting gauled.
  3. jhooks320

jhooks320 New Member

thanks for the reply. diff not leaking. what does the anti squeal metal look like? and should I oil the slide pins?
  4. trombonedemon

trombonedemon Well-Known Member

hi temp grease for the slide pins plus dust boots. The anti-squeal metal brackets that the pads sit on to keep the pads from constantly rubbing on the rotor. Pepboys or Auto-Zone has the parts on there site. Worse case scenerio the calipers are frozen, thats low probability for all calipers to fail unless the brake fluid is contaminated.