Chk engine light - Code 11's - what next?

kowalczyk86

Apr 26, 2010
In recent threads you will see I have been having a problem with my check engine light coming on/off sporadically while I am driving.

I got an LED scanner and got code 11's just now on the KOEO test and KOER test. Where do I look next?

I am thinking to take all the contacts on all of the sensors that I can find and clean them with carb cleaner. There has to be something goin on somewhere..

I was unable to check the engine timing check (supposed to check before KOER test) because I do not have a timing light..

Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

If the light it going on and off, there should be a code stored in continuous memory.

You should get three 11s. Koeo, cm and koer. Two 11s with car off and one with on.

So it's an intermittent fault.

How long does the light stay on for? Long enough to run codes while on?

It only comes on while I am driving for a couple seconds or so, then off for 20 sec or so then on. It is random though..

The code should register when I run a scan..

I read that the 2 10-pin wires were recalled because the connectors were made round when they should be oval? I have to get a torx bit to take the plate off of the intake to release them, and I am going to check those out.