Choices for intake tubing?

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Massachusetts
I want to get rid of the stock intake tubing, because it's ugly, and I want to improve flow a little more.

I don't want a C&L, MAC/BBK, K&N, Custom, or AFM N/A Powerpipe, what are my other choices? I want something that looks nice, yet functional. I plan on getting a Pro-M in the spring , and a smaller Conical K&N.

• Sponsors (?)

I am looking for a plastic fenderwell mount air intake, I do not want the metal intake pipe getting hot in the engine bay, as my car is supercharged, and hot air leads to detonation. :notnice: :notnice:

Looks are of no importance to me. Can anyone help me out as well?

simple way to overcome the heat that the chrome or other ones attract is to wrap it in thermo tech heat wrap like I did.. works excellent. my intake tube gets just luke warm even on 100+ degree days. It may not look pretty, but it sure does keep the tube much cooler.

Before the wrap, the tube would burn my fingers after touching it for maybe 3-5 sec's.
cost=$15

Well, as we have discussed, you could make your own with PVC tubing, or you could buy one of those cheapo ones on Ebay and make it work. Heck, even large diameter dryer hose would probably be better over the stock pipe.

I had PVC before, I hated it, dryer hose has the ability to melt (if plastic), kink when under acceration, and just not right.

I might be able to get some 3" exhuast tubing, or intercooler tubing from a truck, I really want some aluminum pieces, so I can polish them up, polished looks so much better than chrome, I want to replace the huge filter I have now, I hate the sheer size of it.