Choosing an Intake???

i'd get a cobra/gt40/explorer intake. matches well with what you're going for. it's the route i went. i've got a .040 over 302 with 9.5:1 ross slugs and a cobra intake, and i have an afm n-412 cam (.544 lift with 1.7's, 112 l/s, and 222/230 dur. @ .050) and thumper ported e7's with 1.94/1.6 valves sitting in my garage (waiting a few more weeks :))

• Sponsors (?)

It is a original upper with a gt40 lower.

I'm kind of confused with it though, the ports on the head side of the lower are slightly smaller then then ports on the actual heads, prior to this intake on my old set up I had a Trick Flow street heat intake and the ports were huge in comparison to these.

It is a original upper with a gt40 lower.

I'm kind of confused with it though, the ports on the head side of the lower are slightly smaller then then ports on the actual heads, prior to this intake on my old set up I had a Trick Flow street heat intake and the ports were huge in comparison to these.

The GT-40 lowers are all the same whether it's a GT-40, Cobra or Explorer.

You are better off with the intake ports smaller than the head ports as opposed to the intake ports being larger than the head ports.

Hey everyone so I dug up this tread again for opinions again. I have been slowly putting the motor together and re-doing my engine bay over the fall and winter. Well over this winter I came across a set of really nice Edelbrock Performer heads that are milled down to a 58cc vs. the original 60cc combustion chamber for cheap so I picked them up. When I had the ported E7's everyone was recommending the Cobra and intakes along that line, with now having the Aluminum Edelbrocks would the Cobra still be the wise choice or would I need to go bigger?

Performer heads, depending on the model, flow 230-250cfm. Which ever model you have, a Performer or a Cobra intake would be an excellent choice, but you'd need to port the lower intake on either to get full power potential. You could go with a larger cross section intake like a TF, but average power would probably not be as high.