Christmas is coming and I need advice...

GreenStangGT

Jan 29, 2004
So we all know Christmas is coming up, and that means that Go-Fast parts tend to find their way to the tops of our lists (well, at least mine). So I have a few questions. My future in-laws like me quite a bit and they are better off than I am, so they tend to go pretty overboard with their gifts.

My car's currents modifications are listed in my signature and future plans are to go the H/C/I route. Being in college puts significant limits on the amount of money I can get together at any given time so this is definitely an ongoing project. My thoughts are leaning towards trying to get an new intake financed through Christmas gifts and such.

All that being said, my question is why intake would everyone recommend? I know that the answer to that varies greatly based on goals and everything so I'm going to run down everything.

I want the car to be very streetable, not sure about HP goals but I would like to have a low 13 second 1/4th. I'm looking for something that's going to help me on the road to getting there, keeping in mind that it needs to be semi-cost effective as well. Emissions are not a concern in Iowa, and my exhaust already attests to that.

So what does everyone think? (Thoughts about things other than intakes appreciated as well!)

• Sponsors (?)

Well, most of my family doesnt know anything about car parts so i just send them to summitracing.com and tell them to buy a gift certificate for me. Cant go wrong with that.

On the intake situation, take you pick. The trickflow and edelbrock intakes are the options pretty much. So either the TFS street heat or Eddy performer, both are tried and proven. Some people think the street heat doesnt perform, but i've never used one nor have i seen a dyno comparison between them.

Low 13's can be done with a nice intake, gt40 heads, and a cam. You probably could do it with stock heads if you wanted. Just search for intake or intake manifold, or street heat, or performer, and just read up on it.

Hey man...WELCOME!. I think a cobra intake would do you just fine, and they look good too. Also a trickflow street heat, explorer, or eddy rpm. All those intake will get you to the low 13's. I'd check the corral.net classifieds to find the best deal. keep in mind that with any intake you get, you will need an elbow adapter, and while you at it i would get a new throttle body, 65mm would do you just fine.

Good luck.