Christmas just came early!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Understood Erin, just wasn't sure if that code you mentioned was somehow related in any way. Glenn, any updates from KB yet in relation to that programming?

Yes, Just got off the phone with Mike @ KB and he said Ken stayed late after talking to us last night and was able to read the Xcal1 we sent back earlier this week which contained my stock tune. He said he found the PCM had been at some point in time "refalshed" with the TS01 file which replaced the factory labeled TJF1 file. Mike says I'll have a new tune tomorrow morning! So we will be keeping our fingers crossed.....again.

Yes, Just got off the phone with Mike @ KB and he said Ken stayed late after talking to us last night and was able to read the Xcal1 we sent back earlier this week which contained my stock tune. He said he found the PCM had been at some point in time "refalshed" with the TS01 file which replaced the factory labeled TJF1 file. Mike says I'll have a new tune tomorrow morning! So we will be keeping our fingers crossed.....again.

Same problem we had... I told you earlier you were on the right track.

YES!!!

Well I waited inside Erin's garage sitting in one of his lawn chairs, smoking my cigar, anticipating loading the new tune which I carried in my pocket. Got a call from Erin, said he was running late (Friday rush hour traffic is not fun in Chitown, it sucks) Well as I approached nearing the end of my cigar about 30 minutes later, Erin pulls up. Great timing. He gives me a grin and asks if I am ready. I say "YES" and hand him the new tune. We load the stock tune and wala...the car starts and fuel pressure is at 30. We look at each other and say "Thats a good sign." We now load the Kenne Bell tune and turn the key off for 10 seconds as instructed per their writeup. Erin turns the key and.....VAROOOM, the garage is filled with sound of a rumbling supercharged modular 4.6 and the smell of 100 octane racing fuel. :nice:

We let the engine run for about 20 minutes or so and check the coolant. Erin did a fantastic job...no air in any of the hoses! We took her for a quick around the block spin and brought her back in and double checked the coolant again. Can't be to careful you know. Finally, Erin says, "Well you ready to take her for her maiden voyage?" I said "Yes" and told him I wanted him to be the first one to drive it since he did the install.

He backed out of the garage and made a quick right from his block. I strapped myself in. Kind of a funny riding on the other side. I am not used to being in that seat. Oh crap, where is the "oh S*** handle? He turned on to a main street and openned her up. The car gave incrediable instant low RPM boost. From 1st to 2nd the tires got a little loose (with drag radials mine you) From 2nd into 3rd and into 4th. It was a new animal. Erin was not just driving but also eyeballing the autometer gauges. What is that? Boost is almost 15! That can't be right. A quick call to James at Kenne Bell and he thought I had a bad Boost gauge. Claims electrical are far more quirky then mechanical. Will have to look into that!

My turn! As i mashed the gas and shifted from 1st to 2nd, I was grinning from ear to ear. The last 2 weeks of frustration was suddenly gone. What a relief. I will tell you now that this car is scary fast. I have yet to try it with traction control off. That will be tomorrow in the daylight. Sorry for the long post guys but i knew alot of you were following along with having over 1000 views.

Will post more after some daylight driving.

Glenn

****in hell yeah.......awesome news Glenn!!!! Great to hear she's finally runnin....runnin like a bat outta hell it sounds like. Can't wait to check the car out and get a ride myself. Now....let's get everyone together and head out on the open road.

Boost and vacuum gauge now working correctly...not sure what happened but sensor seemed to correct itself. I love dropping it in third and passing people like they are standing still! The only bad thing so far...computer says my MPG is 9.6! Oh well its to be expected with a new toy and the way I drive :D

I have to say a special thanks for all the hard work to guys at Kenne Bell. Ken, Mike and James. I know their cutomer service gets a bad rap sometimes on the boards, but they never stopped trying!