CITMOV's progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

August - engine bay continued

Fuel rails and lower intake is off - 8/26/11

IMG_1035.jpg

This is the 1st time I've done this by myself. It was a late Friday night and I just started unplugging and unbolting away. It was pretty straight forward and easy. Did a lot of labeling too so I don't forget.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 55
Does this ever happen to you???

So I'm at a point where I need to wait on my friend to help me to go further into the build process so I start to do some clean up work in the engine bay.

I start detaching some wiring and then saw that my passenger fender apron needed some minor sanding and touch up paint. I then realized I wanted to do more than just touch up and suddenly this happens:
IMG_6828.jpg

And of course if I do one side I gots to do the other side:
IMG_0964.jpg

After doing both sides I realize I should probably do the firewall so everything got pulled off my firewall above the firewall lip (sorry no pic).

Then I realize that I can't do all 3 sides and not the front
and then suddenly this happens!!!!...

IMG_6922.jpg

Do you ever start something small and then suddenly it becomes a huge time consuming project??? Goodness...I went from some minor sanding to touch up paint to redoing it all!!! I figured that I since "I'm there", I might as well get it done. But seriously...it's a long, time consuming process. I'll post more pics later.

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpg
    IMG_6828.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6922.jpg
    IMG_6922.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 40
Awsome thread and very nice work!!! Your making excellent progress your lil project will be so much cleaner when your done and you can have the satisfaction of saying you did it yourself. I am in the same boat with my 89 vert project more I tear in to it the more stuff I find to redo and since your inm there you better get it done and overwith. Great job so far I will be following this thread Nice Car :nice:

Car looks great, I know how you feel. Two months ago I went from changing the battery to putting the battery in the trunk to taking the interior out to put the cable in to redoing the interior then by the time I got back to the bay I decided to do a wire tuck which lead to a bay smoothing.... lol. :eek:

Car looks great, I know how you feel. Two months ago I went from changing the battery to putting the battery in the trunk to taking the interior out to put the cable in to redoing the interior then by the time I got back to the bay I decided to do a wire tuck which lead to a bay smoothing.... lol. :eek:

Hilarious cause it just sounds so familiar!

If you're going to have another kid, just some advice, bang them out close together. I have a 12 year old and 6 year old. They aren't into the same things obviously and will never be in the same school which sucks.

Suddenly, the car doesn't seem so important does it? The fiancee and I don't have any yet, but we want a few, for sure. Congratulations, pops! :nice:
Yeah, for sure. Still love my mustangs but if at anytime the little guy needs anything the mustang def goes on the back burner 100% of the time!

Glad you're happy, but I cant wait to get fixed.
Thanks Guy! And I hope you have one before you get fixed, then you'll experience the incredible joy of holding one of your own! :D I know you don't want any but this was my first and 2 months later I'm still blown away.

If you're going to have another kid, just some advice, bang them out close together. I have a 12 year old and 6 year old. They aren't into the same things obviously and will never be in the same school which sucks.
Thanks for the advice! I was hoping to have twins to get'em done quick but no luck here haha. We'll probably go for #2 within a year or two.