Classic Owners...where y'at?

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by C.Harris, Dec 3, 2003.

1. After a huge demand for Stangnet.com license plate frames we've made it happen, but I've noticed few, if any, so far shipped out to classic Mustang owners....let's represent, I'll start if off! :nice:

Attached Files:

2. ...................are they free lol :D

3. But I already have my 1967 frames. Otherwise I might consider buying a set.
    And if there were t-shirts with a 67 coupe, I'd definitely buy one. **hint hint**

-Chelle

4. As of Sept of this year, license plate frames are a $200 tickitable offence here in Texas. :rolleyes:

5. Any kind of frame or does it have to be personalized?

I already have a personalized frame on mine. I like it because it confuses people.

6. Ticket for license plate FRAMES? Geez...I run 1969 plates from a flea market (with the real plates in the trunk..state DMV sez OK on 35 years old +) with a frame and a plastic cover.

7. Any kind. The major offense is covering or partially covering the "TEXAS" at the top of the plate. The idea being that the officer needs to be able to tell what state the plat is from. Disregarding the fact that there is a big red shape of Texas in the center of the plate. :rolleyes:

It's the officer's discretion whether the frame covers too much of the state name, but it's just fuzzy enough of a law that you can be pulled over for just about any frame.

Vintage plates can be re-instated as long as they are in good shape. However, running unregistered plates with the real ones in the trunk is a no-no.

8. To stay on topic, I already have a "69 Mustang" plate frame. I do have a Stangnet window decal though.

As far as Texas goes, since we're driving there for New Years ( Houston and Tomball), I think I will pull the frame and blue tinted bubble cover off the Chrysler just to be safe.

9. Frames that cover the month or year stickers are actually illegal in Missouri. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for them, though. My frame only covers the bottom 1/3 of the stickers (you can still make out the month & year) so I'm not too worried about it.

The license plate light on the pickup Dad used to have never worked in the 3 or 4 years he had it. He was never pulled over for it.

-Chelle

10. not to jack the thread or anything...can vintage california tags be reinstated? i've got a set off of our old '65 buick, i was wondering if those could be used...PM me if anyone knows...thanks...

11. I wouldent mind representing stangnet with a decal maybe, but as for the plate i have a 1970 one allready lol

12. What's up with all the year specific plate frames....I've known the year of my car from day one :rlaugh: :rlaugh:j/k

13. My 00 has "Mustang" chrome frames, the 73 doesn't even have a front bumoer yet, I bics tied the plate to the grill when we took it out the one time we drove it (before we pulled the motor again,lol)......

14. LOL!

I hate the look of frames.

15. Well, seeing as how the back of my '71 is all the "other" guys ever get to see, I feel it an effective way to advertise! :D

16. tee hee....you tell 'em Big C

17. They just passed a law here that any frame that hides part of the State or number is illegal and subject to a 200.00 fine. THat frame wont work for me, sorry.

18. Is there an echo in here? :p