Cleaning Radiator

Taino

Nov 29, 1999
Was adjusting head lights n noticed some leaves n grass in front of radiator ? figured Id clean it so released the holding brackets n when i moved it back to get a better view noticed it was covered in leaves accumulated for yrs. Hosed it down really good n all came off easy, took car for spin n running 10-20 degrees cooler than before now that airflows been improved :) . Figured id share my discovery so others can go check their radiator. There is a hose running across the upper view of radiator n it never occurred to me to look under there..... Live n learn

• Sponsors (?)

Was adjusting head lights n noticed some leaves n grass in front of radiator ? figured Id clean it so released the holding brackets n when i moved it back to get a better view noticed it was covered in leaves accumulated for yrs. Hosed it down really good n all came off easy, took car for spin n running 10-20 degrees cooler than before now that airflows been improved :) . Figured id share my discovery so others can go check their radiator. There is a hose running across the upper view of radiator n it never occurred to me to look under there..... Live n learn
Thow in a champion 4 core and a 160 thermostat andgood luck getting the car to ever run hotter than 170.

IMO, you do not want to put a 160 stat in a car unless you have the computer tuned to adjust the open/closed loop. Putting too cold a thermostat in will lead to excess deposits in the engine and the computer will not go into closed loop. I run the stock 192 stat on a n/a car and 180 on blown cars.

IMO, you do not want to put a 160 stat in a car unless you have the computer tuned to adjust the open/closed loop. Putting too cold a thermostat in will lead to excess deposits in the engine and the computer will not go into closed loop. I run the stock 192 stat on a n/a car and 180 on blown cars.
I did not know that, but my car does not have a computer. MSD 6al and a carb. It runs at 160 all day regardless of driving style. Haven't noticed any deposits in the cooling system or oil. I change my oil monthly and flush my cooling system a few times a year.

Im staying with my 2 core n 180 thermo. Running nice, I'll leave it the way it is now. Off to Old town American Muscle night to show it off :) Have a great weekend guys