Clicky thing in clutch

SWYZ721

Aug 24, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Hye guys, I'm getting a clicking sound when I depress the clutch all the way while driving. I can shift gears without putting the clutch pedal itself all the way down, however when I DO put it to the floor, I get a click right before it's full down to the floor

What is this?

Also when the transmission whines a little like it has it's own supercharger, does that mean I need a new TOB?

• Sponsors (?)

Check the throwout bearing if it goes away with the pedal depressed thats probably it. Mine did that too and the bearing came out in pieces. Also inspect the retainer sleeve that the bearing slides on and be sure to grease the clutch fork,the ball stud and the bearingat contact points but NOT on the clutch or pressure plate. Good luck!!

mytight95 said:
sounds like the quadrant or the cable is slipping, or needs adjusting :confused:

jason

Yea maybe like it's soo tight, or loose that the cable is clipping on something.

I can FEEL it through the pedal and my feet, it's similar to when to stretch your arm and it cracks, or in the morning when your knee will pop as you get up, I can feel and hear it. It's not major, in fact I CAN shift without pushing the clutch in that far so I won't hear the pop sound, but I still am curious as to what it is

Anybody else have any input?

mine does it, i have an adjustable cable, quadreant, and new clutch etc. going in shortly, i am gonna install the clutch drive it, see if it is still there, and tehn install the quadrant cable, and adjuster..... see what gets rid of it by doing it one part at a time.....

jason

pull up on the clutch pedal, that will self adjust it. Hopefully that will fix your problem.

But check it out, remove the clutch dust cover on the bell housing and see if it's loose. It should be really hard to remove from the release lever.
Scott

I had this EXACT problem right after I got my new king cobra installed, I was thinking they had botched the installation, but turns out the cable was loose, so I bought an adjustable one, and bam, no more problem. As for the tranny whine that sounds like a blower, haha I have the EXACT same thing too! I like to trick some of my friends that are green to cars and tell them I have a blower.

where did you get your cable.........what kind etc......my tranny is also getting harder to shift and i am thinking the cable has stretched.......
the clutch fork does have slight play in it tension wise....

jason