clogged injector or misfire, drove 100 miles, now metal2metal noise

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by calitower, Jan 7, 2004.

1. calitower

calitower New Member

I'm having what sounds like an injector not firing...sounds like a bad exhaust leak (tic-tic-tic) (not valve clatter) and I had to drive the car today..after I got home I check the engine and could hear what was sounding like smooth metal to metal...dryish (hard to make the sound). Could this be the rings dry from the cylinder not firing? Potential permanant damage from this? Worth taking the upper intake off and trying to fix the inject0r/harness or clogg or whatever it is.
    Anybody ever have a cylinder not firing?
    I ran the computer scanner and everything checks out OK.
  2. S/CBlack95GT

S/CBlack95GT New Member

Its not an injector. Hearing them clicking is a myth. Its either a bad part in the valvetrain or maybe a sparkplug wire has come loose and you hear the spark jumping. I had that happen once. The metal sound is not a good sign though. You have some damage somewhere. Take the spark plugs out and try turning the engine by hand to see if you can hear where the noise is coming from.
  3. calitower

calitower New Member

i've reserved this weekend to tearing the engine. I think I may have 2 issues....I definately have a miss happening, probably a problem with an injector or the harness connector. I've already done a full tune (plugs, wires, cap/rotor). The second issue may be a burnt vavle if the injector is intermintent causing lean conditions under SC pressure. If a head/s has to be worked on...it'll be a good reason to get them ported. I hear I can gain 30hp with a good port job on gt-40 alm'ers...just hope it wont cook me with cali smog laws :(