Close to $6K to spend.. Am i going the right route?

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by image, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan I didn't read this. Founding Member

i hope you have enough for a tranny and shortblock ready.
  2. SaleenGT2001

SaleenGT2001 Well-Known Member

at 10psi he wont need a built bottom end or tranny. how many people do you see with 350hp and blown bottom ends that have a MPH tune?
  3. image

image New Member

SO it it worth sheling out the money for the paxton? Or should i just go with the vortec blower? I mean whats the major difference.. I know the paxton can handle more boost right? And it has something neat about the oil i heard because it's not like the vortec...????
  4. helty

helty some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit

what hes saying is that the stock shortblock can only handle so much power before it blows, and the Novi (and Vortech S-trim) can produce a lot more power than the stock bottom end can handle. Now, you can run either blower @ 6-8psi and make 350-400hp and be ok, but the only way you will ever fully take advantage of either one is if you invest in a forged shortblock that can handle 600-700hp. So he's assuming you will never do that, so why spend a few hundred more on the Novi when the Vortech S can make just as much power on the stock bottom end.

I just prefer Paxton over Vortech, just me though.
  5. wms004

wms004 Founding Member

Please don't get cobra R chrome wheels. Get Deep Dish bullitts, 03 cobra's or FR500's. www.mustangtuning.com for good prices.

Wade