Clucth Cable Install Help

• Sponsors (?)

It depends were the adjuster is Firewall or bell housing?
Either way it's pretty much the same as replacing the stock one. I recommend getting an aftermarket clutch Quadrant though the stock plastic one is a piece of s*** with a performance clutch. I use a stock cable with a firewall adjuster and matching quadrant I ordered from Holcomb in N.C. I found the bell housing adjuster a pain in the arse cause for every adjustment you have to jack the car up. So now it's just the firewall adjuster for me.

i did mine in under 2 hours. its pretty easy to do. just get yourself some jackstands and jack the car up to disconnect the cable from the fork and then go from there.

i recommend that when you take off the old quadrant, take a hacksaw and cut off the part that sticks out like a spacer and use that when you put it back together with the new one.

yep, pretty like ironmedic put it. i'd go with an adjustable quadrant and a firewall adjuster so you don't have to crawl under your car to adjust the cable. if you're lazy like I am you can take out your front seat to have better access to your stock quadrant. ( i was replacing my carpet at the same time so it was only logical to replace it then)

Get the 3 pieces...but u still have to get under the car to adjust the cable. Many people mistake that. A firewall adjuster adjusts where teh clutch grabs but if u want to adjust pedal hieght u have to go under and do it at teh cable..get teh FWA and adjustable cable if u want to fully customize it. I took me like a little under 2 hours and that was just going at it with no heads up or previous knowledge. With some help u could do it in like 45 minutes. its easy

nope no special tools that i can remember using. yea, I forgot i should of mentioned you do need to adjust the cable under the car, but you can fine tune it to where you want it to engage and disengage with the adjustable quadrant and the firewall adjuster.