Clunk In Rear When Shifting

Choppertwo

Nov 23, 2013
Maryland
I looked for a search button, couldn't find one so here goes, just have a 2014 base , 6 speed, when I engage the clutch, usually in first to second gear I'm hearing a clunk coming from the rear, it's done it from the start, is this a normal thing for the newer fords-- CHOP

• Sponsors (?)

uh, its a 2014, return to dealer for free fix and spend your time looking for modifications! :D
I guess what I was asking is, if any of you with a a newer 6 speed Mustang had the same sound as I'm hearing, kinda sounds like U joint noise, this can't be a normal sound when shifting, usally 1st to 2nd and downshifting from 2nd to 1st, I'd like to hear from you guys before I take it in-- CHOP

I guess what I was asking is, if any of you with a a newer 6 speed Mustang had the same sound as I'm hearing, kinda sounds like U joint noise, this can't be a normal sound when shifting, usally 1st to 2nd and downshifting from 2nd to 1st, I'd like to hear from you guys before I take it in-- CHOP
MODS MODS MODS, you can close this thread --- THX- CHOP

I get some clunking, but I've read that it's just the 2 piece drive shaft on it. you'll hear it when slowing down to a near stop, putting it in first then taking off? that's when I hear it.

I get some clunking, but I've read that it's just the 2 piece drive shaft on it. you'll hear it when slowing down to a near stop, putting it in first then taking off? that's when I hear it.
yeah, thats what i'm hearing, I took it to the dealership right after I bought it and they didn;t anything LOL, hell I guess it's normal-- CHOP

yeah, thats what i'm hearing, I took it to the dealership right after I bought it and they didn;t anything LOL, hell I guess it's normal-- CHOP
You guys should have them checked out by your Ford Dealers and let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area if needed. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

You guys should have them checked out by your Ford Dealers and let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area if needed. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
I mean, I'm not too worried honestly because if you google it, mustangs are known for being loud cars in terms of clunking. what I've heard is it's the 2npiece drive shaft just catching up when you slow down

yeah sure hahaha
Lol! Oops, I almost forgot about you, Choppertwo. ;)

I mean, I'm not too worried honestly because if you google it, mustangs are known for being loud cars in terms of clunking. what I've heard is it's the 2npiece drive shaft just catching up when you slow down
I understand, jayochs. If things get worse or you ever bring it in, let me know.

Deysha

Reactions: 1 user