CLUNK SOUND FRONT SUSPENSION NEED HELP

I know this has been talked about before but I need some suggestions of what you think this might be? I have an 05 GT lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico D-Spec struts with aftermarket Bullit wheels 18X9 all around. I have checked both stock endlinks and they are both intacked and not loose. The clunk sound comes when I'm going over bumps around 10-15 mph or going over a larger dip in the road when the car is un waited and comes back down it clunks? Its sounds like it comes from both sides of the front end?

If its not the stock endlinks loose then what else could be causing this noise?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have...

• Sponsors (?)

racegirl1 said:
I know this has been talked about before but I need some suggestions of what you think this might be? I have an 05 GT lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico D-Spec struts with aftermarket Bullit wheels 18X9 all around. I have checked both stock endlinks and they are both intacked and not loose. The clunk sound comes when I'm going over bumps around 10-15 mph or going over a larger dip in the road when the car is un waited and comes back down it clunks? Its sounds like it comes from both sides of the front end?

If its not the stock endlinks loose then what else could be causing this noise?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have...
Been there done that. I installed new end links to no avail.

I'm assuming that it's not the front end popping tsb issue you're talking about..

Check to make sure the rubber spring isolators are properly installed on the springs.

here's the pdf for the front spring popping TSB pdf. I included it so you can see where the spring isolator is located. View attachment Spring Popping Issue.pdf

Did anyone figure this out yet? Its happening to me now. After I installed the springs, it didnt make the clunking noise when going over bumps or dips. But after I had it aligned at Ford, it makes noises, more pronounced on the passenger side. I looked at the front and didnt find anything loose. So, maybe this is what I think could be wrong..
1. The rubber stop that was provided by Eibach to replace the stock one looks much thinner and weaker. Could this be causing the noise?
2. Or the shocks cant handle the drop, but the Eibach website says the pro kit is designed to work with stock suspensions that are in fairly new condition, but will wear out much faster. My car only has 5000 miles on it.
3. Im just out of luck and stuck with this ghetto noise.
Anyone figured this one out yet?

Possible cause

I took my car to Ford today and all they did was tighten and lube all the bolts. Still the same problem. Contacted Eibach and they told me it could be the spring itself. They said earlier versions had problems and would have to be replaced. So Ill keep everyone posted if theyre interested in this, because this problem is really annoying.

Hi Ramjetlx

Yes I did figure out what my clunking sound was on my lowered 05 with Eibach springs and Tokico D-Specs shocks/struts

It turns out its Ford's stock plastic end links you have to make sure ALL ends are tightend...but the problem will not go away after you tighten the end links. Just when you think all is good, well think again...about a month or two the clunk sound will come back because the end links loosing up again...if you don't want to keep tighting your stock plastic end links...then try an aftermarket product like Steeda.

Good Luck

Has anyone had this problem, but it sounds like it's coming from the rear?
I hav D-specs BMR lowering springs,rod end LCAs, panhard rod, and relocation brackets.
Is it possible that the noise is coming from the LCAs because they have rod ends, not poly bushings? It's not the relocation brackets, because I disconneced them and still had the problem.:bang:

racegirl1 said:
Hi Ramjetlx

Yes I did figure out what my clunking sound was on my lowered 05 with Eibach springs and Tokico D-Specs shocks/struts

It turns out its Ford's stock plastic end links you have to make sure ALL ends are tightend...but the problem will not go away after you tighten the end links. Just when you think all is good, well think again...about a month or two the clunk sound will come back because the end links loosing up again...if you don't want to keep tighting your stock plastic end links...then try an aftermarket product like Steeda.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice. Youre talking about the endlinks that hold the sway bar right? I tightened mine down but maybe they keep coming loose every few weeks because the roads are so junk here. My Ford dealer said they tightened everything in the front, but they didnt. They didnt torque the endlinks enough. How scary is that? Would it help to loctite them or just replace it?